PDA

View Full Version : Few things about Klasse SG

imported_Intel486
07-01-2002, 07:49 PM
I`ve been applying Klasse a little thicker than normal. When I wipe the surface with the applicator it lays down a nice haze. A few seconds later it disappears! I think I`m using over an oz now. I simply am doing it thicker because I heard if you do it too thin it won`t crosslink.

Truck is sitting in the carport. I`m gonna have it sit overnight. Not quite 24 hours but more like... 15? :D

I`ve also noticed bug think the truck is water. You know how bugs skip off water, I guess they are drinking. Well, while I was putting Klasse SG the bug were bouncing off my bedcover... I think they thought it was water!

I also found a problem with Klasse. I was applying it and kicked my bottle open and some spilled out. I was like, "Crap, that is a whole panel of Klasse!"

I`ve been going two weeks without wax because of the rain, etc. Haven`t had time to do it. Well, as you know I put the first coat of Klasse on last Saturday and was washing the truck today to apply the second coat. I love the beads of water.

Without wax the bedcover is a giant puddle.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/725-1008-22791.jpg

porterdog
07-02-2002, 07:17 AM
Let us know how your experiment turns out-

ease of removal

quality of result

little tips you figured out

thanks!

Robert

imported_Intel486
07-02-2002, 02:40 PM
Well, since I was out of Meguiar`s #34 I had to QD with EO wipe&shine. I haven`t tried searching yet (I suck at searching though) but what kind of protective coating does this stuff provide? Is it carnauba based? I just saies it provides a protective coating on all painted surfaces. Anyone know?

Well, I noticed that it was a little harder to buff off today since I applied it thicker. Still not too bad. It is kinda dark because it is cloudy... probably gonna rain again. So I`ll have to wait until I`m out tomorrow to inspect to truck for streaks.

From what I can see it is coming along nicely. I`ve also got a new plan for detailing my truck but I`ll talk about that later.

imported_Tony
07-02-2002, 02:52 PM
I pour my Klasse in a small 3 ounce spray bottle. I never have to worry about where to put the bottle, I just put it in my pocket between sprays. I perfer the sprays to the dab.

Thick Klasse: about a year ago Snake posted what is probably the most beautiful Klasse job I have ever seen. He said he would tell us his applicaton method. We are still waiting but he did hint that he used a lot of product.

The picture was here but now its gone. The post speak for themselves.

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7950

shaf
07-02-2002, 05:35 PM
It`s funny - I`ve also noticed recently that bugs of all kinds like to land on my paint and just... sit there. They don`t like to leave unless you can blow them off or until you actually touch them!

Wasn`t this way before.... :confused:

imported_Intel486
07-02-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by rightlane

I pour my Klasse in a small 3 ounce spray bottle. I never have to worry about where to put the bottle, I just put it in my pocket between sprays. I perfer the sprays to the dab.

That is a great idea! I`m going to have to get a spray bottle to try that out!