PDA

View Full Version : SG then GLAZE then Topper?

Chinkzilla
07-01-2002, 05:48 PM
So I`ve got 4 coats of Klasse on the car now and it looks GREAT :) Only problem is, the Klasse is highlighting what few swirls and scratches I have. So I have this crazy thought. (someone might of thought of it already.) I`m thinking I want to apply 3m imperial hand glaze on top of my SG layers, then top it with a carnuba hopefully this will obscure some of my marring and give the paint a wetter look.

I dont know if anyone has tried putting something between the sealant and the topper but if they have please post with your results. Please don`t knock me if this has already been brought up before, but you can imagine how hard it would be to search for a post like this.

Unless I`m mistaken, 3m IHG contains no cleaners or abrasives? Unless someone gives me a reason not to, I`m going to try it and see what happens! :D

shaf
07-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Was this post prompted by this recent thread? http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12520

:D

But I did find this verrrry interesting archived thread earlier today:

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4134

But these are the only two times I`ve heard of this kind of thing being done. The usual arguements I read against doing this is the solvent carrier content in IHG and not anything else. If the solvents are mild enough maybe it would work like the Mothers product too?

I`m glad this is being brought up again for further discussion.

Chinkzilla
07-02-2002, 12:58 AM
Hey thanks for posting those links, it was very difficult to search for this topic as you can imagine. Advanced search "Klasse AND Polish AND Topper" 500 results or so heh.

I didn`t even try the bottle of mother`s sealer/glaze I have, I may give that a try while I`m at it. Since I plan on starting all over in about a month so I can get at some irritating swirls/hairlines with my PC and SMR. I will try it on different panels and take before/after and comparo pics. I`m very curious to see how this will turn out. :D

-D

imported_Dude
07-02-2002, 12:19 PM
I would be very interested to hear your results.

Chinkzilla
07-02-2002, 01:17 PM
Just wondering, why did this end up in University? :nixweiss

has it been brought up a lot in the past? I couldn`t tell from my searches..