PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Products

JFawwaz
07-01-2002, 02:40 PM
hey i bought meguiars medallion paint cleaner, show car glaze, and the medallion premium paint protection. As you can see, im a big meguiars fan. my question is, is the medallion paint protection enough? Should i top it with the hi tech yellow wax?

ALAN81
07-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes thats what I do for a longer lasting shine

laynlow
07-01-2002, 02:45 PM
No, you do not need to top it. The MPPP is a combination wax and polymer blend. It is their most durable protection product that contains wax IMO. I used to use just that combination before switching to Zaino and it always looked great! :xyxthumbs

I don`t think you would be harming anything topping with the #26, but it won`t do much for you. The MPPP is more durable, and I don`t see the #26 adding to the appearence.

imported_JeffBruce
07-01-2002, 02:55 PM
I agree with laynlow

I too used this before my other products (Klasse, Zaino, Platinum, and on and on) yellow wax was not needed....I switches from Show car glaze to Machine Glaze

jeff

Scottwax
07-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

No, you do not need to top it. The MPPP is a combination wax and polymer blend. It is their most durable protection product that contains wax IMO. I used to use just that combination before switching to Zaino and it always looked great! :xyxthumbs

I don`t think you would be harming anything topping with the #26, but it won`t do much for you. The MPPP is more durable, and I don`t see the #26 adding to the appearence.

Actually, on thewaxtest.org, #26 outlasted Medallion by a couple of weeks. Only Collinite lasted longer amoung the mid-priced carnuba based waxes.

I also prefer Meguiars Body Shop Professional line to prep my paint prior to waxing. Use your stuff up first, though. Nothing wrong with it at all. :xyxthumbs

imported_awd330
07-01-2002, 07:36 PM
I`m a long time Medallion user (just started experimenting with Klasse and Platinum). Medallion is pretty shiny and durable on its own, but a carnuba topper can give it just a little extra shimmer. P21S over Medallion looks great.

Watch your trim areas. Medallion is prone to leaving white residue behind.

JFawwaz
07-03-2002, 01:31 AM
what about topping it with mothers pure caranuba wax?

shaf
07-03-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by JFawwaz

what about topping it with mothers pure caranuba wax? I think if you have access to #26 instead, you should just go with that since it`s been reported to be #3 in the durability dept (behind Collinite and Blitz) and apparently doesn`t stain trim either. I don`t know if the Mothers stains, but many carnauba waxes do.

A more common combo I`ve heard of is #20 Polymer topped with #26, since the durability of #20 is generally considered superior to Medallion. Errr.... once your supply of Medallion is done that is. :D

ALAN81
07-03-2002, 07:13 AM
I always put #26 on top of medaillion.It can hurt it and mediallion is known not to last long.Mediallion gives a deep dark shine and #26 gives it a longer shine.Right or wrong that`s what I do with GREAT RESULTS

imported_Aurora40
07-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Alan81, does the addition of #26 over MPPP just add to the longevity, or do you noticed a difference in the depth of shine? Thanks!