PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle not good on dark cars?

ExplorerXLT95
07-01-2002, 01:42 PM
I know a lot of topics about Pinnacle Souveran have been posted, and I hope that everyone takes this post with a grain of salt, but here goes....

Per CMAs site concerning Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax I found the following....

We recommend this package if you own a white, silver, beige or light color vehicle. Paste Glaz wipes on and buffs off with ease and produces a bright, gem-like shine on light color paints.

This snippet flies in the face of all that I have been seeing here on the forums. I have a dark car (dark blue) and I wanted to get the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax, but not if it only works its magic on light colored cars (or works it better on light color cars and there is something better for dark color cars; and no, money is not an object here)....

Comments/angry rants......lets hear it

imported_Intermezzo
07-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Your quote is from CMA`s description of Pinnacle`s Paste Glaze wax, not Souveran. Paste Glaze works well on light coloured vehicles because it`s an extremely glossy wax.

ExplorerXLT95
07-01-2002, 01:48 PM
:eek: :nixweiss :o Serves me right for getting in from the airport this morning at 3, then going to work at 7........jeez.....I`m sorry

Quick question then, though.....Liquid Souveran vs Paste Souveran for a DARK blue car........which would bring out a deeper, overall-better look to the color???

JasonC8301
07-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Intermezzo is correct. Paste Glaz is the wax for lighter colors since it offers lots of shine. The Souveran has this and the depth of Blitz, the best of both worlds.

Pinnacle PCL (PC) and Souveran (hand) on a black E430

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11010

Jason

imported_Intermezzo
07-01-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ExplorerXLT95

Quick question then, though.....Liquid Souveran vs Paste Souveran for a DARK blue car........which would bring out a deeper, overall-better look to the color???

The original paste Souveran.

This is from CMA`s website:

"The question everyone is asking is, "Is this the equal of Souveran Paste Wax?" For the ultimate in depth and liquidity, the answer is, "No." Souveran Paste Wax is still king. With it`s higher percentage of Brazilian Ivory Carnauba, Souveran Paste Wax produces a darker, deeper shimmer that can not be duplicated."

However, they mention that LS is a little more durable than the paste version. I would think that adding a few coats of LS as a base and topping that off with a coat or two of the paste would be a great combo.

ExplorerXLT95
07-01-2002, 02:15 PM
That`s exactly the information that I needed/wanted Jason/Intermezzo....Thanks a lot guys and sorry for the red-eye effect :o :o :o :o

Jngrbrdman
07-01-2002, 02:31 PM
You know, if you want a really sharp effect then you should try layering Souveran and Paste Glaz on top of each other. That makes for a really neat shine.

I was a big Paste Glaz user on my white car before I got a can of Souveran. Let me tell you, there is a huge difference between what Souveran does and what Paste Glaz does. On a white car it is absolutly amazing. I got a pretty good reflection out of Paste Glaz and Klasse but when I put a coat of Souveran on I got a reflection that knocked my socks off. It is really an amazing product.