PDA

View Full Version : 1st customer

KCPreki11
07-01-2002, 01:01 AM
Guys I`m doing a detail for my first customer ever, who owns a black Honda CRV. I`m not sure of it`s condition but I think it will be normal. But anyway I don`t want to Zaino it or anything tedious. I am thinking 3 options right now. Use my normal turtle wax and buffer, use liquid glass my neighbor has lended me and swears it`s the best, or order Klasse. Does anyone here use Zaino for customers cars, I sort of figured it was too long and complicated of a process. Let me know guys. Thanks.

buldog
07-01-2002, 11:16 AM
If you have ZFX one coat should not be a long process. All the other steps you will do would be done anyways.

All depends on how often you want the repeat business.

Dave N
07-01-2002, 11:44 AM
Klasse AIO would work well. I have applied it with a Waxmaster and a yellow foam pad with good results. Since AIO has cleaning properties, that makes it all the better (most cars will need something stronger than AIO for cleaning, though). It leaves a nice shine that lasts a fairly long time, and is easy to apply and remove. I have used AIO on a couple of "non-Autopian" cars and got good results.

buldog
07-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ejant

Remember your first customer will be the one who gives recommendations to future customers.

Very well said ejant......................

KCPreki11
07-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Thanks everyone, most responses i`ve gotten for a 1st time post, ever.

Well I see the P21S is a paste and I would prefer a liquid.

I am thinking either Klasse for future customers after this 1st one. I think I will TRY the liquid glass for this CRV because it`s fairly big and the liquid glass is very easy to apply.

I`m still confused by Zaino and I think it`s too deep of a product for me to be using right now.

buldog
07-02-2002, 06:15 AM
What specific ?`s do you have regarding Z.

Maybe we can help.

BumpersPlus2
07-02-2002, 06:20 AM
I have been using Liquid Glass for 12 years on all colors except black. In my experience , a carnuba looks better. I also would get water spots on black after a rain, and then they would be hard to remove the next time I wanted to LG it again. It is amazing on reds, pearls, silver, etc. Jason

imported_BretFraz
07-02-2002, 08:12 AM
I like the AIO suggestion. It`s a mild cleaner that will remove and hide some swirls and light oxidation. It`s a durable product that will hold up over time better than TW or LG or most store bought stuff. And it`s easy to apply/remove by hand or by buffer.

Two issues with Zaino:

1) The cost per application can be pretty high. To be time efficient you`ll need to use ZFX and that makes for an expensive detail. It might not matter to you if you`re only going to do 1 or 2 cars per month but you should consider the costs involved first.

2) As everyone knows Zaino needs a nearly perfect paint surface to maximize shine and durability. That means you`ll need to do at least one polishing step prior to Z. I`m not clear as to what you intend to do about polishing the paint but if you`re planning to just apply one product to the CRV, it should be something other than Zaino if only to make for an easier job.

It sounds like you haven`t used Zaino before and do not have any on hand. Zaino requires a level of experience to get the best results. I think it`s a poor choice for pro detailers and if you`re a novice with Zaino, its even worse. If you want to try it, buy some and experiment on your car first and get down the system of usage. Then decide whether you want to use it on customer`s cars.

Good luck.

ultrajim49
07-02-2002, 08:19 AM
There`s another thing about Zaino:

Should you get it wright the first time, you won`t see your customer back the first nine months:because it`s simply so good and durable!!!:xyxthumbs

2k2blackWRX
07-02-2002, 08:30 AM
True to that, I zaino`d my mothers gold sebring about 2 months ago. It still has a perfect shine and she HASNT washed it yet.

Simply Amazing

Bryan