PDA

View Full Version : Kids First Drive-In

Poorboy
07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
I thought I`d share a cute story of our first family drive-in ....yes they still do exist:D

One of my daughter`s gets terribley scared of the dark and loud sounds, so everytime we tried going to a regular movie it turned into a disaster. So I get a brainstorm to go to the drive-in...

We drive almost an hour and get there 20 minutes before the movie (Shrek II) is about to start and they tell us it`s been sold out for over an hour already.:(
I look over to my right and there is a huge hill with a couple SUV`s already parked, but they had all the flat spots at the top already taken...I said WTF ....I can make it up there no problem:dunno
my wife looks at me as says can you really:confused: Well I wasn`t going home:crazy first attempt...almost took out a telephone pole sliding sideways...went a bit further to an even steeper section and back right up the hill, put it in park/ emergency brakes and it held:D ..

the kids were all over the place and pretty crazy but we made it through the whole movie, with popcorn, icecream, cookies, chips, and a few visits to the potty:rofl

It was quite an experience but it was the first movie my wife and I have seen in over two years and we had a great time...just wish there were more drive-ins like the old days:cool

JeffBruce
07-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Was this in the new Van??? Popcorn and ice cream am thinking if you put protection on the carpets??!!!??

Poorboy
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
no Jeff ..we took the Tahoe ..and we sat outside on chairs , the kids sat on blankets on the ground...

eating in my vehicles:lmfao :rolling .......only the wife does that :(

1999NCSU
07-12-2004, 09:37 PM
I really wish their were more drive-ins as well.

I remember my first one. My parents owned a VW Vanagen. I was sitting on the top of it eating my Snickers bar and watching the movie. My mom thought it would be funny to spray the windshield wiper fluid. For some reason the nozzle didn`t spray on the windshield. Instead it hit me right in the face and went in both of my eyes. Luckliy, I cried out the fuild. I have no idea what movie was on, but I do remember windshield wiper fluid burns your eyes.