PDA

View Full Version : Are these fieldcrest towels any good?

PeterY
06-30-2002, 02:28 PM
I just went to macy;s and picked up a big FieldCrest Royal Velvet towel in white. It was on sale for 12$ so i might as well pick one up. IS this the fieldcrest model that you guys all say is great. I want to use this towel for buffing and I think that i should reserve the job of QD with mf`;s i have. Also what to do about the hard seams on the edge of the towel.cut them? but if i do that will they come apart, aand any special washing tips or just throw them in the machine. Also are cannon towels any good, what models cause they seemed to be alot cheaper than the fieldcrest at the store.

THanks.

Antonio Wright
06-30-2002, 02:40 PM
The towels worked great for me. I THOUGHT i was doing a good until I got a some real mirofiber towels. Now I don`t even use my fieldcrest towels anymore, and I swear my cars shine alot better.

C. Charles Hahn
06-30-2002, 03:06 PM
I`m looking at some that showed up in the K-mart ad today that say "100% Cotton Bath Towels - 4/$7"

I dunno if they`re the real deal or not..... I`ll check `em out today or tomorrow and let everyone know if they are. If so, they`re one helluva deal!

jmsc
06-30-2002, 07:21 PM
last FRI, when I called him to ask about his Zaino products, that he is currently lab testing different MF towels from Korea and that he will issue an update/opinion soon. In the meantime, he continues to recommend #1 Cannon/Fieldcrest Charisma (or Charisma Select) White Large Bath Towels (not the smaller ones, forgot to ask him why) and #2 Cannon/Fieldcrest Royal Velvet White Large Bath Towels. Went to an upscale Dept Store that day and personally handled all 3. Bought 1 Charisma Select to try. They sure are soft, plush and heavy. Sal told me that these towels definitely do not scratch. I would stay away from KMART/WMART specials. You may want to try the Fieldcrest web site to buy online. From the LS1.COM web site found KEVINSS that sells white Charisma bath towels sized/cut to 20X28 and serged (edges removed and re-sewn). Contact Kevin at koverall@cddn.com for pricing info. He may be a regular here.

I am sure this is old news to most Autopians that have been here awhile but was news to me as I am only a 3-week old newbie.

KEVO
06-30-2002, 07:36 PM
I buy cases and cases of towels factory direct to cut and re-sew for my customers as mentioned above, I only but either:

Fieldcrest Royal Velvets

Fieldcrest Charismas

or Fieldcrest Charisma Select

Cannon and Fieldcrest are the same company, they do however make lower quality towels for sale at WalMart;Kmart.

The ones I buy are the kind sold in Bed Bath and Beyond.

irisservice
07-12-2002, 04:28 PM
KEVO,

A few questions for you...

1) What size are they after they are cut and re-sewn?

2) How much do you sell them for?

3) I am in Phoenix, AZ. Could I buy from you and would you ship?

4) Have you used microfiber with Zaino?

Thanks,

jan j

:cool:

Boongie
07-14-2002, 02:19 AM
I just found an old Fieldcrest Charisma towel here at home but unfortunately it is maroon colored making it unsuitable for car use. From what I have read here on the forum, if I was to try to make a towel suitable for car use the edges have to be cut away and then serged with white cotton thread. But what about the narrow design strip that is at either ends of the towel? Should those two strips also be cut away (thus shortening the towel)?