PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - I`m new to the forum and detailing....

imported_batmanrobbie
06-28-2002, 02:33 PM
I always thought I new a little something about car care, but after reading through these forums, I know very little.

I just bought a preowned Silver 1999 Benz w/ 15,000 miles. I`m assuming the dealership did some detailing work to the car, I think it looks great but once again I am a new to this.

I`m wondering what I should start doing first. Best products for a light colored car? I will be doing all work by hand, no buffing machines.

Should I do a complete strip down? Wash it, paint cleaner, clay bar, polish, wax, and seal it? Would that be the correct order? Is Pinnacle the best product to use for a step by step cleaning?

Or could I just use Klasse AIO and GS?

I don`t mind putting in the time, I always try to take great care of my cars. Thanks.

imported_Tony
06-28-2002, 02:46 PM
First of all have fun!. Learn to wash. I use the two bucket method and sheet.

1.First and only once wash with dawn ( you knew that).

2. Next clay with Mother`s.

3. AIO

Note: To make it easy get some good mf and a good wash mit.

There is a learning curve which means, learn one skill instead of trying to learn everything at once.

Its all good/ play in the suds and not in the sun.

imported_Intel486
06-28-2002, 10:09 PM
There is a lot of information by using doing a search. It`s on the top of the page towards the right under the banner. Actually it is the button all the way to the right.

You can also purchase the ebook. A lot of helpful information and will answer most questions. It helps support this forum and is what keeps it running.

imported_BretFraz
06-29-2002, 09:14 AM
Welcome to Autopia.

Detailing properly is a lot more than just buying some expensive car care products. To do it right and get your car looking its best you need to develop a strategy and follow it. The Autopia Guide to Detailing will help you with that plus lots more. I highly recommend it to newbies as it will help you with the "big picture" as well as provide hard info you want.

Find the e-book here at www.autopia-carcare.com