PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good paint cleaner you can use with Zaino??

Pages : [1] 2

Rave'nGTi
06-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Something thats not harsh...

Just to get mild contaminants off the paint.

I`ve noticed after my initial claying and three coats of zaino... the first time I washed the car after that the paint had a slightly rough finish.

anything I can use before my next zaino application that wont strip previous coats off??? Its a pain having to claybar every time I want to put some fresh coats of ZFX on...

too bad sal doesnt make a paint cleaner to remove surface contaminants without having to clay every time!

MikeLS
06-27-2002, 09:18 PM
Any paint cleaner will remove your Zaino or any other wax protection. However, a light and simple claying will not remove the Zaino, as per Sal and by my own testing. Once you get the hang of it, claying is actually pretty fun, quick, and painless, at least with a quality bar, like the Zaino Z18.

:xyxthumbs

Rave'nGTi
06-27-2002, 10:04 PM
hmmmm

my z18 bar turns to complete mush after a few minutes of claying... then it falls apart into little clumps and becomes useless :(

Sharkie
06-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Haven’t tried the Zaino clay but what are you using for lube? Quick detailers work well but I love using diluted Z-7. I use copious amounts and never had a problem with the clay falling apart, this is with 3M clay BTW. The only time I had the clay get a little mushy on me was when I tried a gold class shampoo mixture.

Adam

Rave'nGTi
06-27-2002, 10:21 PM
I`ve been using the Z-7 mix... 1 capful to a 12oz bottle

Malibu
06-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Hmmm, that`s strange. I use the Z7 mix too with the Zaino clay, and I have never had a problem with it. Might want to shoot Sal an email about this.

Mike

drewski59
06-28-2002, 12:28 AM
You`re supposed to use a HALF capful of Z7 to 12 oz. water.

This might be your problem, but I doubt it. I love Z18! Just make sure it`s dry when you stretch and refold it.:D

I`ve had no problems with Z18 and the Z7 mixture. That`s weird.:confused:

TortoiseAWD
06-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Rave`nGTi

hmmmm

my z18 bar turns to complete mush after a few minutes of claying... then it falls apart into little clumps and becomes useless :( That happened to me once . . . I decided it was because I was folding the clay when it was wet, and trapping water inside. The next time I used Z-18, I made sure to dab excess water off with a MF towel before folding, and I didn`t have any more troubles with it.

Tort

Rave'nGTi
06-28-2002, 12:15 PM
the problem with claying... although it cleans the paint well. It doesnt remove stains and hard water spots/drips... and neither does zaino!

maybe I should just switch to klasse.... :nixweiss

imported_memnuts
06-28-2002, 12:24 PM

the problem with claying... although it cleans the paint well. It doesnt remove stains and hard water spots/drips... and neither does zaino!

Zaino will not remove stains, water spots, tar, etc. Zaino is a protectant that uses the term polish in name only. Paint imperfections should be remedied using the proper methods prior to applying Zaino Show Car Polish.

Will Klasse remove stains, water spots, tar, etc. :nixweiss. Maybe someone with Klasse experience will chime in.

Rave'nGTi
06-28-2002, 12:39 PM
per the CMA catalog on Klasse AIO:

AIO contains a real polish, removes surface films, old wax, minor swirls and oxidation. Cleans, polishes ... in one easy application etc etc etc.

this is why sal needs to invent a cleaner/polish :D something like the Klasse AIO or zymol HD cleanse... but with that special zaino stuff in it (like the wash.. and the QD) so you can clean/polish that stuff off... but that wont require you to restrip the car with dawn and start over...

hmm... maybe I should email sal and make a suggestion :D

Brad B
06-28-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Will Klasse remove stains, water spots, tar, etc. ?

Sealant Glaze will not. All in One will have an effect on some of these because it is high in solvents by design. However, it`s best to use dedicated cleaners for best results.

imported_Intermezzo
06-28-2002, 01:40 PM

Conversely, Klasse AIO will not remove embedded contaminants (nor hard water spots for that matter). Although it`s good stuff, I don`t use it when prepping a car for Klasse.

Zaino, BF, Klasse,.....regardless of the polymer sealant you plan on using for your final protectant, the same principles apply when prepping your car.

Rave'nGTi
06-28-2002, 03:37 PM
:(

so what DO you use then?

imported_Intermezzo
06-28-2002, 03:52 PM
Finesse-It II & if necessary, PPCL.