PDA

View Full Version : Can I keep Carnuba Wax and SMR in car?

tequila2469
06-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Can I keep the carnuba wax and all my other detailing stuff in a bucket in the back of the car? I am only asking because it is summer and its hot and humid. Not sure if that would degrade the Wax and SMR.

Also...what is a PC? Should I get one or stick with my MF towels for SMRing and Waxing?

Mutilator
06-27-2002, 11:50 AM
PC = Porter Cable 7336/7224 Orbital Polisher. You can see the list of terms used here on this (http://www.autopia-carport.com/terms.htm) page.

I would have to say it probably wouldn`t be a good idea to keep wax in the back of your car... especially since wax melts. But I could be wrong. :nixweiss

StLB5
06-27-2002, 01:32 PM
I had a bottle of Meg #26 pop in my back seat once. It`s just not a good idea to leave anything like that exposed to that kind of heat.:nono Be our guest to try, but better safe than sorry in my book, except for when I left that #26 in the back seat:nixweiss

shaf
06-27-2002, 11:52 PM
I wouldn`t keep much of anything in my car for extended periods. I have tiny bottles of glass cleaner and QD that I`d use up soon, but that`s it. Most things like wax, liquids, and generally things containing moisture should adhere to the "keep cool, dark (and preferably dry)" rule that lots of products have.

Heat and light will accelerate any evaporation and/or degrading chemical reactions. For instance, almond extract will naturally transform into useless benzoic acid (IIRC), but keeping it cool and dark will slow this.