PDA

View Full Version : Detailing perscription for my 3 cars

claytons
06-26-2002, 08:03 PM
I`ve got three cars that I`d like to keep looking good. All of them are either 2001 or 2002, so they`re in good shape already. One sedan, one SUV, and one sports car (that I`d like to give some "special" treatment). All three are daily drivers (sports car is convertible, not used much in winter), and I`m the only one doing the washing and detailing. I don`t have a TON of time, and that`s a lot of cars to keep up with. Here`s my strategy:

1. Buy a PC to make the job as quick as possible. I`d like to apply and remove everything but the wax on the sports car with this.

2. Use synthetics on the sedan and suv to limit application to twice a year. Polish and apply "sealant" every six months.

3. Wax (carnuba) the sports car once every three months and ever other time polish and wax.

My requirements for products are that they be able to be applied and removed with the PC (other than the wax for the sports car).

My initial take on this is:

3M SMR for sedan (dark blue) with Klasse or blackfire sealant

Klasse or Black fire polish for the SUV (silver) and Klasse or blackfire sealant

3M SMR for the sports car (black) with Pinnacle Souveran wax

Does this all make sense ? Any other thoughts? Thoughts on Klasse Vs. Blackfire ??

Thanks!!

C. Charles Hahn
06-26-2002, 08:08 PM
which sealant to use really depends on preference, as well as the type of paint exactly you`re dealing with.

What are the make/model of these three vehicles you have?? That may be able to give us a better idea what you`re working with on that end (different manufacturers/plants paint reacts differently to the environment as well as different products)

other than that, sounds like you`ve got a good plan!! Have you thought about Zaino at all?? They seem to have one of the best durabilities of any product I`ve worked with, and its great stuff for keeping up a daily driver in the looks department.

good luck, and happy detailing!! :xyxthumbs

imported_StyleTEG
06-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Why not use a polymer sealant with a carnuaba topper on the sports car?

Blackfire and souveran look stunning together.

claytons
06-26-2002, 08:18 PM
I`ve stayed away from Zaino because I read that you shouldn`t apply with PC. I really want the time/arm saver with this much work.

The sedan and SUV are BMW`s and the sports car is a Porsche 911 cab.

Thanks for the replies...any other advice is really appreciated.

I`ll consider the synthetic with carnuba!

drewski59
06-26-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by claytons

I`ve stayed away from Zaino because I read that you shouldn`t apply with PC. I really want the time/arm saver with this much work.

Zaino works great with PC!;) Many here have had great results!

It`s just not suggested by Sal, but either are MF`s or foam applicators:rolleyes:

Here`s a black bimmer with Zaino:

drewski59
06-26-2002, 08:42 PM
and yet another one:

:wavey

imported_jr_mints
06-26-2002, 09:00 PM
I don`t know what your storage situation is, (garage or not) but the thing to look at is doing a really good job on the cars the first time around and take care of them in between washings.

Get a California Car Duster, get your chosen product`s version of a Quick Detailer and keep up with it. If you keep th cars looking good all the time, then it won`t be as much major work all at once.

With the high quality products out there, buffing a car isn`t what it once was, and I think as you learn more, you`ll find that caring for your cars won`t be so much work as pleasurable expierience.

Happy detailing:xyxthumbs