PDA

View Full Version : How Many Coats of Klasse SG Per Ounce?

shaf
06-26-2002, 04:07 PM
I just applied my first coat of SG and am waiting for it to cure. I poured 1 ounce of SG into a small clear plastic squeeze bottle and used a bit less than 1/3 of it. So I project I should get 3 coats per ounce - not bad I say. :up

Of course at this thinness the coat is pretty much invisible except for a few areas here and there. I was wondering if I`d have a mental problem with the whole "have faith it`s there" concept, but I guess I don`t! I know I`m applying something even when the application looks and feels a bit dry because in certain lighting you can see it go on and flash dry almost instantly. I used a Megs foam app and Eagle One WET Wipe `n Shine to help.

One interesting thing about the EO QD is that it even says on it that it`s good for applying polishes and waxes (not sure if other QDs say this). So hopefully I won`t have a problem with it since several people recommend dry SG application. I also found I didn`t have to spritz any QD on for longer than I thought because after a while I started touching the pad periodically and found it was staying moist for a long time.

The only thing I forgot was my idea to only SG half the hood for comparison :p Oh well.

DrewD
06-26-2002, 04:22 PM
I also bought a 1oz clear plastic squeeze bottle to apply SG with. I end up getting about 4 coats with it! I was beginning to wonder if I was really using too little product. I`m curious to see that results others are getting.

itsme
06-26-2002, 04:23 PM
I`m getting about 3 to 4 coats also.

imported_Intel486
06-26-2002, 08:59 PM
I have a F-150 EC w/ bedcover so it takes over an oz to do.