PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs major help.. Black..

scoop
06-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi.. I have a Black Accord Coupe.. and its paint is already kind of messed up.... Nightmarish things have happened to it that would make you shudder.. such as a tire tread on my front bumper going 80(It will be replaced soon). and then this truck carrying panels of glass. the glass shattered... into pieces.. and impacted all over my hood leaving neat lil patterns of deep deep scratches.(I doubt this will get replaced/repainted).

Um on top of that I have lots of swirl marks..

I had been trying to detail my car before with This Hi-tech Wax stuff from Meguiars and a 10" orbital buffer I have...

and I came along your site.. and now I feel that Ive gone about everything the wrong way.. also I have this white shoe polish stuff on my PAINT, windows and outside trim thanks to the juniors at my HS who thought it would be fun to put 03 everywhere and 02 sucks. They also gave all senior cars a coating of chocolate syrup... :(

So... basically what I`m asking for is how should I detail my car properly detail and get rid of or minimize all the paint damage and things wrong with it the spiffy autopia way? :nixweiss :D

:confused: Ive searched and there`s been so much content I`ve read through but noting encompassing yet. Sooo it would be helpful if I could be pointed in the right direction or whatnot..

Thanks!

:D

imported_BretFraz
06-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Here`s what you need:

www.autopia-carcare.com

It`s the e-book from Autopia and will help you decide what to do and how to do it.

06-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by AzN Retribution

Hi.. I have a Black Accord Coupe.. and its paint is already kind of messed up.... Nightmarish things have happened to it that would make you shudder.. such as a tire tread on my front bumper going 80(It will be replaced soon). and then this truck carrying panels of glass. the glass shattered... into pieces.. and impacted all over my hood leaving neat lil patterns of deep deep scratches.(I doubt this will get replaced/repainted).

Um on top of that I have lots of swirl marks..

I had been trying to detail my car before with This Hi-tech Wax stuff from Meguiars and a 10" orbital buffer I have...

and I came along your site.. and now I feel that Ive gone about everything the wrong way.. also I have this white shoe polish stuff on my PAINT, windows and outside trim thanks to the juniors at my HS who thought it would be fun to put 03 everywhere and 02 sucks. They also gave all senior cars a coating of chocolate syrup... :(

So... basically what I`m asking for is how should I detail my car properly detail and get rid of or minimize all the paint damage and things wrong with it the spiffy autopia way? :nixweiss :D

:confused: Ive searched and there`s been so much content I`ve read through but noting encompassing yet. Sooo it would be helpful if I could be pointed in the right direction or whatnot..

Thanks!

:D

eeeek! its a 2002 and all that already happened!! I suggest you get the e-book, it will tell you everything from how to wash to how to fix paint chips.

samiam513
06-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by AzN Retribution

also I have this white shoe polish stuff on my PAINT, windows and outside trim thanks to the juniors at my HS who thought it would be fun to put 03 everywhere and 02 sucks. They also gave all senior cars a coating of chocolate syrup... :(

Next year when you come back home, get a rolling jack from pepboys and 3 or 4 friends. Go to Home Depot get some SOLID concrete blocks and go to school one night when there`s a football game or somthing. Find their cars, and jack them up nad stick two concrete blocks under the drive wheels. They will have a fun time figuring out how to get the cars down. Mopst won`tthink their car has a jack in it, and the rest won`t know what a "jack" is.

scoop
06-26-2002, 05:42 PM
thats a very interesting suggestion... I haven`t done anything back to them.. we were supposed to let the air out of all their tires while they were eating at panchos..

i`ll keep it in mind :D

oh yeah. does that e-book tell me how to get that shoe polish stuff off my paint and stuff? :confused:

gonna order it now anyway hehe thanks for the help ya`all.