PDA

View Full Version : Stoners trim shine, my review...

Pages : [1] 2

06-26-2002, 12:47 AM
Well I tried Stoner`s trim shine under the hood of the 1998 GS400 I did, taking the advice from Brad B. First I hosed off the cool motor and sprayed it down in my simple green mix. I let it set up for about 5 minutes and went to scrubbing. Here is how it looked...

http://home.attbi.com/~busnaina/b4stoners.JPG

Well I then followed the instructions on the can, held it 8-10 inches from the parts and went spraying light strokes of the product. I then stood back and looked, it went on nice but became a little too shiney for my tastes. But overall I like the product, here is the after shot...

http://home.attbi.com/~busnaina/afterstoners1.JPG

Green Monster
06-26-2002, 05:57 AM
Did you try it on the tires????

I have been wondering about this stuff and how it would work on the tires?

porterdog
06-26-2002, 06:35 AM
Did you wipe after?

Is overspray a problem?

Please send us an update in a couple weeks- I`d like to know if it attracts dirt/how long it lasts.

Thanks,

Robert

Preachers Sheets
06-26-2002, 06:58 AM
Sometimes I wish my engine bay was full of plastic.

Turbonator
06-26-2002, 07:00 AM
i use Stoner`s Trim Shine on the interior panels all the time. it is a bit glossy, but you can control that either by how much you spray on your rag or by buffing afterwards. i buy the stuff by the 5gl pails - i love it. the shine lasts for a long time on the interior, but does attract some dust - nothing a quick swipe with a swiffer can`t handle though, and then the panels look as good as new. the reason i love this stuff is that it has pretty good cleaning ability as well as a noce look, and it`s not greasy to the touch. that`s what my customers love most about it; it looks nice and shiny but doesn`t come off on their clothes, plus they don`t have to worry about that greasy feeling when touching the panels. i have to admit i`ve never used it from the can. i do use the Stoner`s MSLT for tires from the can, and yes, overspray can be a problem. i use it only on white raised letter or whitewall tires. it looks good and lasts about 1-2 weeks depending on the weather. after washing and drying the car somewhat i then spray the tires so that any overspray will be wiped away on the final pass of drying or QDing as well as wiping the outside glass. like i said - i love the stuff.:xyxthumbs

06-26-2002, 11:47 AM
i think it gave his engine bay a nice look, and yes overspray was a huge problem. The wind would take that stuff away like nothing... I recommend doing it in an enclosed area, but it does smell pretty strong so maybe not :p . here is another pic...

http://home.attbi.com/~busnaina/afterstoners2.JPG

caddyman
06-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Ever tried Clear Engine Paint? It looks BY FAR the best, like for shows. But a PITA to get off!!

C. Charles Hahn
06-26-2002, 07:54 PM
cool! did you do anything to the paint under the hood too, or just leave it washed?? I used some meguiar`s Clear Coat Body Scrub that I had laying arround the garage on mine, it worked great for shining things up....

swhtech
06-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Al,

Were you able to find the Stoners Trim Shine locally or online?

I`d like to get some, but I am hoping to find it locally to avoid paying shipping charges.

Thanks!

06-27-2002, 05:22 PM
yea i found it locally @ CAP (consumer auto parts). It was 3.99. I checked the car yesterday, the shine diminished as it seemed to soak into the plastic. Looked like a brand new car!:xyxthumbs

imported_Intermezzo
06-27-2002, 05:24 PM
Ali, I don`t remember the last time I`ve detailed under the hood. But looking at your pics, I think I might start to get serious about it. Once again, great job...great pics!

Tony

06-27-2002, 05:41 PM
hehe, thanks tony. It took a while but it was worth it. You shoulda heard that motor purr man, soo smooth. Picking up and dropping that car off was the highlight of my day :D :D .

06-27-2002, 06:09 PM
I just noticed something. look at the brake master cylinder.. where is the power brake booster?? There were tons of wires and such coming out of there. Also it made a lot of electrical noises right when u started the car, of course u could only hear them if the hood is open. Lexus insulation :bow .

imported_Intermezzo
06-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Yeah yeah yeah!!.... There you go again Ali... :) You and your love for Toy..., err I mean Lexus. :nono

bjwebster
06-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Yeah yeah yeah!!.... There you go again Ali... :) You and your love for Toy..., err I mean Lexus. :nono

Heheheh:wavey