PDA

View Full Version : blue magic

louissc
06-25-2002, 11:20 PM
i am a truck driver and one of the chrome polishers they sell at truck stops is a paste called blue magic...i was just wondering if anyone has used this on your cars...will try it when i get home but though ide ask first

imported_edschwab1
06-25-2002, 11:32 PM
I used Blue magic on an older motorcycle`s chrome parts. It seemed to work ok.

If you are concerned about how Blue Magic works, try it out on a part that is less visable.

Eric

jmsc
06-26-2002, 04:46 AM
Porsche restoration experts have recommended Blue Magic for a long time on chrome and metal. I`ve used it on my Porsche chrome tailpipes.

Also good is P21S Finish Restorer. I use it currently because I like the whole P21 product line in general.

KEVO
06-26-2002, 10:59 AM
Blue Magic is a very fine metal polish, it is good if the metal is already highly polished but don`t expect it to remove heavy dullness or that much oxidation. Usually truck stops will sell metal polish in long bars of clay like substance with each bar being a different color and level of abrasiveness.

new996
06-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Blue magic is pretty good stuff, especially at the price. I do think that the P21S is stronger, but it is more expensive. I used both on a `68 Olds Delta to getting pitting and stains up off the bumper. It was a lot of work, but the P21s worked perfectly! The Blue magic miught work better for something newer and not in such a state of disrepair. Like maintaining a good deep polich on a motorcycle, a truck w/ chrome, or a newer car`s chrome.

:up

imported_jr_mints
06-26-2002, 12:33 PM
This rim was done with the Blue Magic polish a couple weeks ago. I drive through construction everyday, and the dust wipes right off. The picture was on an overcast day, so there is no light source to show shine, but considering they are polished aluminum alloy, they are still pretty reflective.

I`ve never used it on any chrome or mirror finish to comment on that.

louissc
06-26-2002, 12:47 PM
i appreciate all responses