PDA

View Full Version : in-car video from the race track

02 t-wrex
06-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Here is a link to a video I made with in-car footage from my WRX at the last Alfa Romeo Owners Club time trial at Buttonwillow Raceway Park in Bakersfield, CA.

The video is of one semi-hot lap of the track in the full clockwise configuration. I say "semi-hot lap" because it was far from my fastest that weekend because the brakes were fading pretty badly. There is a little "off road" bonus at the end of the video too. Watch it and you`ll see what I mean ;)

The video is a 21mb MPG... so downloading it on dialup might not be the best idea :eek:

Enjoy:

http://homepage.mac.com/nizamswheels/10.14.2.1.bw.mpg

Dave N
06-25-2002, 01:30 PM
That was pretty cool -- I really like those blue wrx`s. Have you done any modifications, or are you running stock? If I were in the market for a 2nd car, the wrx would be a strong contender!

02 t-wrex
06-25-2002, 06:42 PM
My car is completely stock except for stickier tires (Toyo Proxes T1-S in the stock size) and a short shifter. The car handled very well out there on the track... notice the red Porsche in front of me in the video, in one of the sessions earlier in the day (before the brakes went away) I was holding him off in the turns. He would blow by me on the straights, but by the time we got to the next straight he`d have to let me by because he was holding me up in the turns! :D We had a nice little battle back & forth... until my brakes faded :eek:

To give you an idea of how off pace the lap in the video is... that lap was a 2:26 and my fastest was 2:17. 9 seconds is a rather large difference in lap times.

imported_Dude
06-25-2002, 11:41 PM
That was awesome!

Preachers Sheets
06-26-2002, 07:17 AM
WHOOPS! hahahaha that was wicked funny man. Looked like you were having fun until that "super move". Was it embrassing? I bet there were a few giggles in the stands.

02 t-wrex
06-26-2002, 11:51 AM
It was a little embarassing... but it was fun! ;)

The worst part was all the dirt INSIDE the car. Notice in the video the big cloud of dirt that flys past the camera... that`s INSIDE the car! :eek: Watch the color of the dash go from gray to brown!

It took me over 3 hours to vaccuum all the dirt out of the car, and I had to take all the seats out, etc.

02 t-wrex
06-27-2002, 12:10 AM
Here`s the result of my little "off track excursion" as seen in the video.

http://members.cox.net/mutza4/dirt.jpg

Hopefully I wont get kicked off the forum for showing my car in that condition! :nono

I spent two days straight cleaning it when I got home... and put another coat of Blackfire on just for good measure. ;)

Preachers Sheets
06-27-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by 02 t-wrex

It took me over 3 hours to vaccuum all the dirt out of the car, and I had to take all the seats out, etc.

What a time consuming task, jeepers creepers.