PDA

View Full Version : Steal on Turtle Wax Tire Gel

spotter
06-24-2002, 08:21 PM
I have been reading everything on this site for a couple of weeks. I am a huge fan of 303 for my interior and exterior trim but was looking for something to put over the 303 on my tires for a little more gloss. After reading a lot of comments I decided to look for some TWTG and found it at my local Dollar General Store for $2 a bottle. I bought 4 (hope I like it as much as I do in the posted pictures). There was 5 more bottles on the shelf at the $2 price and I may end up going back and buying those also.

smfrycruzr
06-24-2002, 08:27 PM
wow...how many times has this been posted now? 4?

spotter
06-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry - I did not mean to beat a dead horse. I just joined Autopia and as a newbie I am definitely not up to speed.

06-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by OutlawTitan

Sorry - I did not mean to beat a dead horse. I just joined Autopia and as a newbie I am definitely not up to speed.

actually it was posted about being found at Big Lots, Dcopp. give him a break.

VetteToVair
06-24-2002, 09:49 PM
i completely forgor about TWTG. i`ll check my local dollar general tomoorrow. thanks for the reminder.

Chuckmotor
06-25-2002, 12:44 AM
Dangit! I was on my way home after a stop at NAPA, and I saw a Dollar General and thought very seriously about stopping in just to see if they have any detailing bargains. I was oh-so-close, but at the last second I decided just to drive on by.

Thanks Outlaw Titan! Tomorrow I`ll remember not to just drive on by! You-da-man

shaf
06-25-2002, 02:40 AM
Arrgh! Why do the dollar stores and liquidators in the US have this kind of stuff while the ones here have year-old food and flimsy housewares?!? :mad: :(

Gatorfan
06-25-2002, 07:09 AM
Tried 5 DGs (new acronym?) in this area...no TWTG :sosad .

smfrycruzr
06-25-2002, 03:09 PM
DK,

I have been a user of the Turtle Wax Tire Wax, and bought a couple of bottles at our closing K-Mart. But I was in our local Dollar General Store a couple of weeks ago and saw the Turtle Wax Tire Gel for $2 a bottle. I picked up three. I tried it Sunday and am quite satisfied with it. Whether I like the TWTG better than the TWTW still remains to be seen. However, others on the board seem to prefer the gel.

this was posted on 5-21-02 and i know that redcarguy had a post on it too...:shocked

spotter
06-25-2002, 03:27 PM
Sorry there DCopp! I was not trying to be redundant or steal your thunder. I just registered on 6/21/02 and am a full fledged newbie. I found a good deal on the gel and just got excited and wanted to share my good fortune.