PDA

View Full Version : which topper and why?

NattyBumppo
06-24-2002, 01:13 PM
Given the choice between OG Blitz, Megs #26 and P21s Carnuba which would you use as a topper for Klasse SG (non-garaged red vehicle)? Why?

Brad B
06-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Of those I prefer Blitz by far. Much more durable, great shine, deep glow. Very good product.

ALAN81
06-24-2002, 04:09 PM
BLITZ IT LASTS LONGER THAN THE OTHERS ALSO A DEEPER SHINE

getfit74
06-24-2002, 04:19 PM
Does anyone else have the streaking and blotching problem with Blitz? After applying it (over 5 layers of cured Klasse SG) and buffing it out to a brilliant perfect shine the sun and heat seems to melt it and it blotches and streaks a bit. A QD or a buff takes care of it. It is also not all that noticable but I`m pretty picky.

imported_Intermezzo
06-24-2002, 05:04 PM
Natty, those are the exact three waxes I`m currently using on my car. I`m not using them as a Klasse topper, but of the three waxes, I really like P21S and Blitz, but for different reasons.

As Brad said, Blitz provides a nice, deep warm shine. Of the three waxes, it provides the most depth and has the best durability. It takes a little more effort to use this wax than P21S.

As for P21S, I really like this wax also because it is so easy to use and is very trim-friendly. While it doesn`t have the same amount of depth as Blitz, it does provide a very glossy, reflective shine....almost like Pinnacle Paste Glaze.

So your decision would probably depend on which of these characteristics appeal to you more.

Av, I haven`t noticed this with Blitz... Sometimes I get a little streaking here and there with both Blitz and P21S. Not sure if it`s the wax or QD though because it seems to happen even on non-waxing days.

DCT
06-24-2002, 05:07 PM
Natty,

Wow, that`s a tough choice! Not much doubt that the Blitz is longest lasting carnauba wax out there. It has great depth and shine. The P21S might get a slight edge when it comes to gloss and reflectivity. Although, that`s just a personal observation.

Why not really go crazy and top the Klasse with the Blitz, and then top the Blitz with the P21S. :D

Good luck with whatever you decide.

NattyBumppo
06-24-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks gang for the replys:up . That is a tough call, i.e. depth and warmth vs. reflectivity and and ease of use. Longevity is important but since I wax every month I would think either one would make it that long. Also, the trim friendly part of P21s is a nice feature...I seem to have weird, ale induced spasms everytime I spend a few hours cleaning and waxing one of our vehicles. I always end up cleaning wax residue off the trim and weathstripping.

I have an idea, anyone want to trade some Blitz or P21s for a nearly full Megs #26 and 1/2 full #7 Show Car Glaze :D ?

Something tells me I`m going to end up buying both to see the difference myself. Thanks White_F150 for planting that seed in my head :) .

Thanks again folks :wavey

TortoiseAWD
06-24-2002, 05:47 PM
I don`t have experience with Blitz, and I haven`t used #26 for quite a while, but I got a can of S100 "Motorcycle" Wax from CMA with my last order. From what I can gather, S100 is very similar (if not identical) in formulation to P21S, and is priced at $14.95 for the same-sized container (P21S is about $10 more). I haven`t used carnuba in years, and this stuff was a real joy . . . on and off like butter, no need to wait for it to haze, and no stains on the trim. I can`t really compare it to anything else, but the "warm glow" is quite nice, and ease-of-use is great.

Good stuff! :up

Tort

DCT
06-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Natty,

Sorry buddy, but I think Intermezzo beat me to the punch on that suggestion of P21S over Blitz!

I`ve got another suggestion, why not just go to Zaino and you won`t have to worry about all this topper stuff! :nixweiss :D

We sure are making it easy for you, aren`t we! ;)

mrdetailer
06-25-2002, 12:15 AM
Now I`m not topping on a polymer, but I have put Meguiars #26 side by side with P21S. It is on top of 3M Perfet-It Show Car Wax.

Meguiars #26 was harder to apply and remove, but had good depth shine.

P21S seemed to have more clarity.

I`m trying to apply a polymer (blackfire) next fall. Is it common to top with Carnauba wax?