PDA

View Full Version : New member! and some qeustions

Thunderingbird
06-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Hello! What a GREAT SITE! With that being said, let me get started. It has been at least 12 years since I seriously detailed a car. Boy have things changed! Any way I have bought a new car and I`m going to have get back into the swing of things in order to take care of it. I plan on giving it the full monty and I`m having a little trouble figureing out what products I want, about the only things I`m sure of are the Blackfire system for the paint.[the car is Toreador Red Metallic] I am ordering a PC polisher and a Dewalt 849 rotary buffer[the Dewalt is for another car that I`m about to repaint] MF towels and applicators and Chenile wash pads. What do you think about the Pinnacle clay? What about car wash shampoo? I`m thinking I want the Areospace 303 for the vinyl,or maybe the Meguires #40?Any help or suggestions would be great!:D I appreciate any help you guy`s give to help get me back up to speed. Thanks!:bounce

imported_seres
06-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Hi Thunderingbird!

Welcome to the forum! You`ll love it here!!

You can do a search on each of the products you`ve mentioned and find tons of information on each one. A lot of it just goes to your preference.

I just used Pinnacle Poly-clay for the first time this weekend, having used Clay-Magic and Erazer previously. I really liked the Pinnacle and would have to recommend it.

Also, shampoo-wise, I`ve not tried many different ones so far, but do like P21S -- nice smell, nice lather.

I`m using Vinylex for my vinyl, but some feel it`s a little shiny. If you`d like more of a matte effect, the 303 is supposed to be better.

Check out Tom Wong with JT International (jtintern@hotmail.com) or Ranney Pak with PakShak (ranney@pakshak.com) for great MF prices & great quality.

Do buy the Autopia Guide to Detailing - version 2 just released -- there`s a wealth of info there (most of your questions will be answered) and it`s a super reference when you aren`t sure or can`t remember something!! (And, you help support the forum!)

Have fun learning more than you ever could imagine about detailing! :wavey

buldog
06-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Welcome

Check out this link http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=51

and consider buying the e book Autopia guide to Detailinghttp://autopia-carcare.com/

C. Charles Hahn
06-23-2002, 07:55 PM
Welcome to Autopia, where Meguires is spelled MEGUIARS, and Areospace is spelled AEROSPACE. :xyxthumbs :wavey

buldog
06-23-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey volvo just noticed your sig very appropriate ;) :xyxthumbs

imported_seres
06-23-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by buldog

Hey volvo just noticed your sig very appropriate ;) :xyxthumbs

Thanx Buldog!! :D

Thunderingbird
06-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks guy`s, I just checked back in after glancing over the Autopia E-book! That book is AMAZING! I wanted to order my supplies tonight, but after just skiming over the book I have decided to do some more reading so that I may more wisely make my choices. Again thank you and I will be back with more qeustions and to share my experiances with you. Oh I almost forgot. I`ll work on that spelling thing you mentioned;) I`m new and it might take me little while to get used to things around here!:bow