PDA

View Full Version : Need A Referral

xplosive1
06-23-2002, 02:01 PM
Hello,

I just joined today and am not certain which is the most appropriate forum to list my request.

I will be taking delivery of a 2002 Honda CR-V in mid-July. This will be my first new car in 15 years. I want to get off to a good start taking it in to a qualified detailer for whatever initial protective measures are recommended and then continuing with ongoing maintenance.

I live near the intersection of Chestnut and State in Chicago - area code 60610. What`s the best way to find a qualified detailer?

imported_BretFraz
06-23-2002, 05:54 PM
HAHAHA

I used to live on Chestnut between Michigan and Wabash. 111 E. Chestnut. What a trip to see you live down the street.

As for detailers, frankly, I never found anyone in the city I liked. But I`m sure they`re out there. You really need to ask around locally and maybe try a few - take the CRV to them and have them wash it to see if you like the work they do.

When I lived there I used to drive my car out to the burbs and wash it at the DIY joints. Even the DIY places in the city were sucky.

Ahhhhh, what am I complaining about.... I got to shop at Potash Bros and eat at Tempo and Cartons all the time. I was there for the Auto Show in Feb and could not believe how much the area had changed since I left in 1998.

Good luck with you hunt for a detailer. If you find a good one, let us know so we can pass on the recommedation.