PDA

View Full Version : how often to use scratch remover

madazskunk
06-23-2002, 01:49 AM
two weeks ago i applied scratch x and zymol and was somewhat satisfied with the scratch removal but had other problems, after reading some posts on this website i decide to try 3m smr and gold class and was very satisfied with one application. then i was reading today that you should apply the 3m three or four times until satisfied. my question is can i apply it again next time i wash or do i have to dawn and clay it before reapplying. i would like to try the 3m with zaino once i go get some.

imported_doug
06-23-2002, 09:33 AM
Scratch remover should be used on individual scratches, not the whole car. Swirl remover shouldn`t need to be applied more than twice, or you would save a lot of time by using something more aggressive first. It is the abrasive action that removes the scratches, so it isn`t so much "applying" something as it is "using" something - so you don`t have to wash before using it. If you want to put Zaino over it, however, then yes, you must wash away the oils left behind by the SMR before applying Z.

samiam513
06-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Calying is only to remove things like fall out, rail dust ect. You do not need to do it every time you wax. Just 1 time every 6 months at most.