PDA

View Full Version : My Klasse results Pix and a question about waterspots

Peter J. Porter
06-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Wont take up the bandwith here, so I`ll just post a link to the pics.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42173

I have a question though, I hace a few water spots on the hood after the car was stuck in a daytime thunderstorm followed by a ton of sun while I was at work. I currently have 3 layers of SG on there. Will another layer of SG get them out, or will I have to use AIO since the SG has no cleansing ability? Thanx in advance.

amgtorre
06-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Wont take up the bandwith here, so I`ll just post a link to the pics.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=387601#post387601

I have a question though, I hace a few water spots on the hood after the car was stuck in a daytime thunderstorm followed by a ton of sun while I was at work. I currently have 3 layers of SG on there. Will another layer of SG get them out, or will I have to use AIO since the SG has no cleansing ability? Thanx in advance. Yes an additional layer of SG has worked for me to resolve the exact same problem you`re describing, I just did it this morning ... My guess is that SG has no clenaing abilities but it does disolve the previous layers just enough to remove the water spots .. give it a try

Nice car !!! ... the fender picture : did someone scratched it ? or is it a defect in the picture ? What`s the profile in your tires ? 40?

imported_Intel486
06-22-2002, 09:09 PM
They probably aren`t hard water spots. The might wash off when you wash you car again.

imported_StyleTEG
06-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Car looks great :) Love the blue!

I would try and remove the water spots with other methods before trying to use a coat of SG to clean.

Try a normal wash, if that doesn`t work I would use vinegar and just reseal those areas.

Redcar GUY
06-22-2002, 10:06 PM
Nice pics;)

peiqinglong
06-23-2002, 02:33 AM
wouldn`t some Meguair`s Final Inspection or QD get the waterspots out better?

Peter J. Porter
06-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Thanx for the help guys, I already washed the car and most of the spots disappeared, but a few are left. QD also didnt really do much if anything to them. I`ll try some more SG, but if that doesnt do anything, I`ll break out the Vinegar and start all over with the AIO and SG. Thanx again.

AMG, no scratches in teh fender. :scared, thats just the refelction in the sky, and those are 35 series tires; 235/35-19.

rstype
06-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Nice car! I really like the wheels, subtle bodykit, and shiny blue paint. All the mods are very tastefully done... good job! :xyxthumbs

As with the waterspots, I would just individually take each spot out with AIO. You don`t need to redo the whole car!