PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Z2 (already have Z5)???

Dave N
06-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Zainoites:

I now have 5 layers of Z5 on (the front half of) my truck. What would Z2 do for it? Should I get some Z2, or just stick with the Z5?

DCT
06-22-2002, 07:20 PM
I would definitely go with some Z2. I believe it`s optically clearer than the Z5 and gives more reflective qualities. I only use the Z5 to fill in the marring that occasionaly occurs with Zaino, or to "darken" the finish slightly.

On the other hand, there`s nothing wrong with sticking with the Z5! :D

BTW, what do you have on the back half of the truck? :nixweiss

Hope this helps

C. Charles Hahn
06-22-2002, 07:49 PM
with the color of your truck, the Z2 over the Z5 would REALLY make it look sweet. :up

Dave N
06-22-2002, 08:04 PM
>BTW, what do you have on the back half of the truck?

In a word, Blackfire. In a few webpages, this:

http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~dneece/zaino/battle.html

OK, from what you guys have said, I`ll probably order some Z2 next week. It`s only money, right?

Gatorfan
06-24-2002, 07:31 AM
I Z2`d for the first time this weekend over about 9 coats Z5. I applied the Z2 with the PC until I had a haze similar to that of the Z5. I soon found that this was way too much (still only used a little over a 1/4 ounce). With ZFX, it still took about an hour to dry, and even after this removal was a major chore. It looks a bit different, maybe a bit more "metallic" looking on my black paint. It`s kind of growing on me.

The bottom line is that the application of these two is a little different. I always applied Z5 until I could see a faint haze, but Z2 needs to be applied so thin that almost no haze should be visible.