PDA

View Full Version : Green ES300 detailed today.

thevolvoguy
06-22-2002, 01:12 AM
I think they turned out pretty good. Heres what I did-

Double DAWN wash, dry

Mothers Clay

Meguiar`s #9 SMR

Meguiar`s #7 (skipped this step) I got lazy

Volvo Wax... Its GREAT stuff Shine is better than Soveran and it was only like 30 bucks for the whole wash, wax, cleaners, degreasers, etc...(see album)

BTW I will eventually do a comparo btwn Souveran- $65 and Volvo Wax- $30

Used orbital for all applications, also used Scratch-X on the hood and trunk.

Take a look-

http://www.funtigo.com/thevolvoguy?b=1847&p=3&nav=next

imported_Adamah
06-22-2002, 01:57 AM
Havent been hanging around here for awhile so you`ll have to excuse me but when did "PC" become a generic term?

thevolvoguy
06-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Adamah

Havent been hanging around here for awhile so you`ll have to excuse me but when did "PC" become a generic term?

PC is Porter Cable (electric buffer/polisher)

imported_Adamah
06-22-2002, 09:24 AM
I know what PC is....just wondering when it became a generic term to describe any old orbital.

imported_dl9589
06-22-2002, 09:30 AM
It`s not used to describe any orbital. It`s used to describe the Porter Cable, and only the Porter Cable.

imported_Adamah
06-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Thats my point.

thevolvoguy
06-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Well Im so sorry. I was simply using the term because I did not feel like describing the orbital. Excuuse me. I will be sure and try and please you next time. New idea..back off Adam. Thanks

imported_Adamah
06-22-2002, 09:48 AM
Sheesh you`re sensitive. Anyway using the term "PC" to describe any old orbital buffer is very misleading. Its the same as using the term AIO to describe Nufinish. Thanks

rstype
06-22-2002, 12:43 PM
Nice job... and I don`t mean to flame you or anything, but what is the orbital`s pad doing on the ground? And are you`re using a sponge to wash? :eek:

Still, the reflections look nice. :xyxthumbs

thevolvoguy
06-22-2002, 12:55 PM
Sorry :rolleyes: I have had a very bad morning. I didnt mean to take my frustrations out on you Adam. BW, yes yes I now wash with a sponge, I think I like it better, because the Wool mits I used to use pick up a bunch of stuff and they are hard to clean without ripping out the fibers/fur. I have had no scratching or swirling caused by the sponge and its very soft. Oh and the buffer pad was filthy anyway, its needs a washing and plus I have like a million extras. Thanks for your comments!