PDA

View Full Version : Streaks on Windows

imported_jr_mints
06-21-2002, 11:27 PM
I`ve tried all kinds of different window cleaners, my latest was Invisible Glass. When the car is in the garage or it`s overcast, the windows are spotless, can`t even tell they`re there. But then as soon as the sun hits them, like around sunset, there are streaks all over, making it hard to see at times.

I`ve moved around to make sure it`s not a reflection, and they are definitely on the windows. Has anyone else had this problem or have any advice on what it could be or how to fix it?:confused:

imported_dl9589
06-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Try using your favorite window cleaner with some REALLY fine wool (#0000) or the like...a furniture grade works good. Then wipe off with your MF, or cotton towel.

Dont use the wool on your inside windows if they are tinted.

A lot of people use newspaper print to clean the windows, never tried it myself?

kbshadow
06-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Try Mothers clay bar on the outside then use your window cleaner with clean Micro fiber towels, then buff with another clean MF towel.

imported_Intel486
06-21-2002, 11:42 PM
When you wash your car scrub the windows really really well. Then when you are done dry the roof to keep water from dripping on your windows. Next dry all your windows really well. I never have a problem with streaks on my windows... except right now I put rainX on my windows and it didn`t wash off that well. Hopefully tomorrow`s wash will help clean it up some.

imported_jr_mints
06-22-2002, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the advice, I`ll give some of them a try and hopefully everything will be all clear.

imported_jr_mints
06-25-2002, 02:13 AM
The wool, some distilled water, and some elbow grease worked magic. I think the windows are cleaner than I have ever personally had them. In fact, driving, I noticed so many little chips in my windshied it that I had never seen before... Oh well, the price you pay.

Thanks for the tips. Now if it would ever go more than two days without rain here so they would stay that clean:rolleyes:

Antonio Wright
06-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RemmoSi

The wool, some distilled water, and some elbow grease worked magic. I think the windows are cleaner than I have ever personally had them. In fact, driving, I noticed so many little chips in my windshied it that I had never seen before... Oh well, the price you pay.

Thanks for the tips. Now if it would ever go more than two days without rain here so they would stay that clean:rolleyes:

:D :D :D HAHAH I now have the same problem. :rolleyes:

- Antonio