PDA

View Full Version : Decided on Blackfire... Love the results!

Pages : [1] 2

TXREGUY
06-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Hello all -

I did some snooping around and decided on BlackFire over Zaino. Everyone over at http://www.acura-cl.com seems to be in love with Zaino. So, I decided to be a rebel and go against the trend. :D

Anyway, I love the results so far. It was easy to apply, easy to take off. I haven`t noticed the massive dust accumulating on the car, as some people have said.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Enjoy and thanks. This site is pretty cool.

TXREGUY
06-21-2002, 07:54 PM

MikeLS
06-21-2002, 08:00 PM
That looks pretty snazzy!!

Good work, but keep us posted on your long-term results, if you don`t mind!

:wavey

imported_BretFraz
06-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Looks great to me. I suggest you be like 90% of the Zaino users and apply a fresh coat every couple weeks.

Keep up the good work!!

Dave N
06-21-2002, 09:06 PM
>I did some snooping around and decided on BlackFire over Zaino.

Scrib, could you please clarify? Did you decide to use BF instead of Zaino, or are you applying BF over Zaino???

I`m interpreting your post the first way, but I just wanted to know for sure. I`ve been experimenting with applying Zaino over BF and Klasse.

Your car looks great -- I`m starting to like that color of blue a lot. I saw a shiny dark blue car coming home tonght, and it really looked sharp.

Mass. Wine Guy
06-21-2002, 11:00 PM
Scrib, which BF products did you use? I may like to try BF, but would want the equivalent of the Klasse AIO and SG.

scottybob1
06-21-2002, 11:01 PM
Looks good, I`ve never used Blackfire (yet), Zaino user here. I had to laugh, you did a super job, but when I saw the name of the 1st attached picture (car1_black) thinking it was a black car and opened it up and saw a blue car......though to my self,,wow this is something, changed the car`s color. Just funnin.......your ride look fantastic.

drewski59
06-21-2002, 11:18 PM
Great job!:xyxthumbs

Like Mike said, keep us updated on its durability/slickness, and don`t use the BF wash:eek:

Just a heads up!

caddyman
06-22-2002, 12:31 AM
LOVE IT! Excellent Job!

TXREGUY
06-22-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Dave N

>I did some snooping around and decided on BlackFire over Zaino.

Scrib, could you please clarify? Did you decide to use BF instead of Zaino, or are you applying BF over Zaino???

I`m interpreting your post the first way, but I just wanted to know for sure. I`ve been experimenting with applying Zaino over BF and Klasse.

Your car looks great -- I`m starting to like that color of blue a lot. I saw a shiny dark blue car coming home tonght, and it really looked sharp.

Sorry... I decided to use BF INSTEAD of Zaino. :D

My bad...

TXREGUY
06-22-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mass. Wine Guy

Scrib, which BF products did you use? I may like to try BF, but would want the equivalent of the Klasse AIO and SG.

I got the polish, paint protectant and the QD spray. I`m not used to using such a small amount of product for a large area. But the stuff really works.

TXREGUY
06-22-2002, 09:43 AM
Here`s another pic with a second coat of BF applied.

The pics. don`t do the color justice. Even my wife mentioned that the car looks significantly different.

Thanks for all the comments. I`ll be sure to keep everyone up-to-date on how things are going.

Mass. Wine Guy
06-22-2002, 11:25 AM
BF could still be top coated ok with a carnauba wax?

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
06-22-2002, 11:28 AM
Several people have recommended topping with Souveran.

Remember topping with a carnuba is the same with Klasse, you can`t add more layers to it and the carnuba will slowly break down the sealant.

I received my BF kit last week but Souveran by itself looks sooooo good on the car.:wavey

Jngrbrdman
06-22-2002, 11:34 AM
I`ve been using Blackfire for the last 5 or 6 months on my car. I`ve really been impressed with it. Durability seems to be up there a ways. I haven`t ever been able to leave it alone for more than 3 or 4 months though. I just gotta keep layering it. That is the attitude of most of us though. I don`t know anyone on this board that is going to spend $100 in detailing product and then just use it once it wears off. :)

I`ve topped Blackfire with Souveran and I couldn`t be more impressed with the results. I had 5 layers of Blackfire and 4 or 5 layers of Souveran on it the last time. It looks amazing! I found that after a couple coats of carnuba that the dust problem lessens. I tried it last time with topping the BF with SG. Then I alternated PPG and Souveran every other layer for my topper. I`ve had zero dust problems. Just the normal dust that daily drivers pick up along the way. :) It looks great with that combo and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking at mixing products that way. Great looking car, by the way!