PDA

View Full Version : Ziano Question

Pages : [1] 2

Travlinlght
06-21-2002, 07:49 PM
Ok......I let my new paint sit for 90 days, seems like forever!! I couldn`t wait to Zaino it!! Anyhow I just ordered my Z. I`ve reading on here everything I need to do for my first application. I understand that i will wash the car with dawn, dry with good 100% cotton towels and REMOVE ALL WATER SPOTS! How do i do that? My car is black and it always shows some spots and streaks after i dry it. Is it ok to use Z6 to remove the spots and streaks before i start my Z5/zfx.??

thanks guys

imported_BretFraz
06-21-2002, 08:27 PM
yep, a little QD or even a damp towel with take them off.

Are you going to do any polishing before Z5?

Travlinlght
06-21-2002, 08:36 PM
No I`m not going to do any polishing. My paint only has about 800 miles on it. (Garage queen). I do have swirls from when they buffed out the new paint. I`m hopping the Z5 will take care of that.

So........using Z6 first before any z polish goes on wont affect the bonding?

imported_BretFraz
06-21-2002, 08:37 PM
It shouldn`t but you can always use a little water and a MF towel to get the panel spot-free if you`re concerned.

Have fun polishing!

buldog
06-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Mags GN

So........using Z6 first before any z polish goes on wont affect the bonding?

That`s a good question. I wondered the same thing. From what I`ve read about application tips Z6 is to be applied between each coat of Z2 or Z5 and nothing about applying before.

So I would have to say that it may interfer with bonding. Although I also wonder if if would make the very first application easier to buff off.

C. Charles Hahn
06-21-2002, 09:04 PM
from personal experience:

nothing on paint prior to Z5 application: decent bonding

Z6 on paint prior to Z5 application: good bonding, better shine and better durability/beading of water

Z7 wash, then Z6 prior to Z5 application: excellent bonding, best shine and best durability/beading.

This has been my experience when putting on the Z. My recommendation is that even though you aren`t polishing prior to Z application, that you still clay the paint to get a nice, clean, glass-smooth surface to work with. IT WILL make your results better, and you`ll be much happier you did it in the long run (better prep before-hand means less mess to clean up later.)

oh, and also make sure to mist your applicator pad with a spritz of Z6 too - it makes the stuff go on thinner and smoother for a better overall finish.

good luck, and happy Zainoing!! :up

tlrookie
06-22-2002, 02:47 PM
So do you suggest to apply Z6 even when Zainoing for the first time?

My order of Zaino will arrive soon. Thanks for your advice!

Antonio Wright
06-22-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BMW318i

Z-6 has to be applied in between coats of Z-2 or Z-5. When I first started I applied Z-6 AFTER my first wash with Z-7. I did not even have any Zaino on then. So maybe I was just being a little too carefull...

buldog
06-22-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BMW318i

No do not apply Z6 first. Clay if needed, Dawn wash, then Z1 then Z2 or Z5 or skip Z1 if you are planing on using ZFX. Then you can mix Zfx and Z2\Z5 and apply.

Remember to apply thin coats. Your first coat will probably be hard to buff off, but subsequent coats will be a breeze.

Only use Z6 between coats not prior to your first application.:up

C. Charles Hahn
06-22-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by buldog

No do not apply Z6 first. Clay if needed, Dawn wash, then Z1 then Z2 or Z5 or skip Z1 if you are planing on using ZFX. Then you can mix Zfx and Z2\Z5 and apply.

Remember to apply thin coats. Your first coat will probably be hard to buff off, but subsequent coats will be a breeze.

Only use Z6 between coats not prior to your first application.:up

didn`t you read my post?? hello, I exist!! now, lets try this again:

from personal experience:

nothing on paint prior to Z5 application: decent bonding

Z6 on paint prior to Z5 application: good bonding, better shine and better durability/beading of water

Z7 wash, then Z6 prior to Z5 application: excellent bonding, best shine and best durability/beading.

YES. apply it before your first application of Z. DO it. :wavey

buldog
06-22-2002, 04:07 PM
Excuse me but the man was asking if he should apply Z6 prior to FIRST coat read above Quote So do you suggest to apply Z6 even when Zainoing for the first time?

C. Charles Hahn
06-22-2002, 04:11 PM
umm...... thats what da man (me) said...... ;)

I find that it improves the shine quality, durability, and bonding properties. Its plain, simple, black-and-white truth. :xyxthumbs

buldog
06-22-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

didn`t you read my post?? hello, I exist!! now, lets try this again:

YES. apply it before your first application of Z. DO it. :wavey

First you say don`t apply before then you say to apply DO IT ?????

Antonio Wright
06-22-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by buldog

First you say don`t apply before then you say to apply DO IT ?????

I applied it before I even put a coat of Z-2 or Z-5 on. I washed the car with dawn, clayed and then washed with Z-7 AFTER I used Z-7 I used Z-6. That last move was my choice.. You don`t need to do that.

Look man you are making the process sound alot more stressful then it really is. Take a few breaths and chill out.

-Antonio

buldog
06-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Your right do what you want.

I did email Sal to get a valid directive of exactly how Z6 should be applied. I have read his site and many of the previous posts on first applications and nowhere does it say to apply Z6 first.