PDA

View Full Version : Spots on New truck

Propguy
06-21-2002, 06:03 PM
I have a new 2002 Truck in Toreador Red the paint is NOT what I want it has spots under the wax it seems I have washed with Gliptone and tried the carnuba wax and they are still there. The truck is BRAND NEW also the finish is somewhat rough well... just not baby butt smooth what do I do? :scared

Jademonkey
06-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Strip the wax first with dawn

then feel the paint and if you can feel bumps, go buy some clay and use that(on a new truck you should not have to though)

after that you can use a paint cleaner like PPCL or a polish like 3M SMR to remove swirls and smooth the paint even more.

Then apply the carnuba(assuming you are going to use carnuba wax again)

Propguy
06-21-2002, 07:49 PM
What do I do about the spots under the wax?

imported_BretFraz
06-21-2002, 08:14 PM
You need to describe the spots better for us. Post a pic or two. Where are they on the truck, for instance?

Stripping off the wax with an alkaline detergent like blue Dawn will get you to the "spots" so you can determine what they really are.

If you don`t have it yet, I highly suggest buying the Autopia Guide to Detailing. It will help you develop a detailing strategy that will result in your truck looking show quality. You can get it here:

www.autopia-carcare.com

Propguy
06-22-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by bretfraz

You need to describe the spots better for us. Post a pic or two. Where are they on the truck, for instance?

Stripping off the wax with an alkaline detergent like blue Dawn will get you to the "spots" so you can determine what they really are.

If you don`t have it yet, I highly suggest buying the Autopia Guide to Detailing. It will help you develop a detailing strategy that will result in your truck looking show quality. You can get it here:

www.autopia-carcare.com The spots are mainly on the hood it seems or the worst ones are they are not as bad on the sides I dont have a digital camera so I cant post pics is this book for the average car owner I am a wash and ax guy BUT THIS IS MY FIRST NEW TRUCK AND >>> Thanks for the replys

Propguy
06-22-2002, 09:51 PM