PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to say thanks!

RegalGS
06-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, I don`t have any pictures to show off the work done, digital camera is coming next week...

My stepson found a deal on an `88 Toyota Tercel, and the car, mechanically, is in excellent shape with 135K miles on it. Unfortunately, I dont think the car had been washed more than a couple times since it was new, and the grime on the car... uck. The finish felt like sandpaper, and there was absolutely no shine anywhere.

A wash, clay magic clay bar (we killed the bar on that car), another wash to clean off the gunk left over from claying, Mequiars #9, Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish, and two coats of liquid Gold Class... we didn`t know the car was white! To bad there isn`t a magic solution for rust pockets - hopefully keeping the car clean and waxed will keep it from spreading TOO bad. The #9 got about 95% of the oxidation off too, so that`s a bonus.

So, anway, just wanted to say thanks to everybody here for the wealth of knowledge on the forum. We probably could have purchased synthetics, but for a 14 yr old Tercel, why bother? And my stepson now understands why I`m anally obsessive about the finish on my Regal. Priceless!

C. Charles Hahn
06-20-2002, 08:42 PM
congrats on the work! Yeah I wouldn`t waste good product on an old "only in OK shape" vehicle either. Although I might have had to break out the bottle of NuFinish on that one. :xyxthumbs

Lowejackson
06-21-2002, 02:00 AM
We probably could have purchased synthetics, but for a 14 yr old Tercel, why bother

I would have put the good stuff on the car. A 14 year old car can still be made to look very good. My car could be described as a beater, but I still try my best to keep it looking good.

Steven