PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a good deal... not

thevolvoguy
06-20-2002, 05:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1837495386

Check this out. I have seen countless infomercials on this stuff. Im guessing it wouldnt work. I will stick w/ my Z until someone from autopia tells me otherwise. Anyone tried it?? Thanks!

:nixweiss

Andre'
06-20-2002, 06:08 PM
Any wax or sealant product with PTFE or Teflon is junk, the teflon does nothing, it`s all a big merketing ploy.

BradE
06-20-2002, 06:10 PM
Any wax or sealant product with PTFE or Teflon is junk, the teflon does nothing, it`s all a big merketing ploy.

Bingo! What he said. :xyxthumbs

Detailing NY
06-20-2002, 10:20 PM
If some one buys that crap, i got a bridge to sell them in NY

I look at the before & after pix, i dont even think it is the same car, the molding are different colors and the door handles look different.

with that mercury they show, that is a repaint, i have never seen a 85 mercury without the bumper peeling and seeing the yellow behing the paint.

shaf
06-21-2002, 02:10 AM
I don`t know about anyone else, but the huge NEVER WAX YOUR CAR AGAIN! title has alarm bells instantly going off in my mind....

Chuckmotor
06-21-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

NEVER WAX YOUR CAR AGAIN!

But what if I want to?! :D

imported_BretFraz
06-21-2002, 11:19 AM
At least 5 star shine posts the MSDS of their products on their website. I don`t think its anything special but at least the info is there for all to see.

msmcdon
06-21-2002, 12:22 PM
But with teflon, you can cook eggs and bacon on the hood when you`re out camping. What an awesome non-stick surface!

:rolleyes:

thevolvoguy
06-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Zaino is just as slick as teflon. Maybe we should all go buy cheap cookware and Z them. Just a thought...

imported_Intel486
06-22-2002, 11:49 PM
OK it saies "Never wax your car again"

Then when they are talking about the Cougar it saies "was given the patented PPS technology when new and every 5 years since"

Now, if this wax is suppose to last forever, then why did they have to apply it again every 5 years?

Also, they never said it protected the paint since 1986. They just said it protected the car so it could be a repaint! "It protected the metal of the car since 1986 so we had a great surface to repaint!"

And look how much people are paying for this stuff!

thevolvoguy
06-22-2002, 11:55 PM
Intel, I seriously thought about emailing the buyer and telling him that for that price he could get a good collection of Z that is probably a hell of a lot better that the crap hes bidding on. Oh well his loss.

chevyguy28
06-23-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Andre`

Well, applying real teflon would require insanely intense heat, which would melt your paint before it reach that point anyway. Teflon works, just not this.

imported_mikey
06-23-2002, 01:19 AM
Here`s (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN%2F5081171) a link to their patent in case anybody`s interested...

I don`t know enough about chemistry to make much sense of all that myself.

Andre'
06-23-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

Well, applying real teflon would require insanely intense heat, which would melt your paint before it reach that point anyway. Teflon works, just not this.

Yup that was my point.:)

pingiii
06-23-2002, 04:06 AM
I believe you`ll find that the methyltrimethoxysilane is one of the bad silicones we all talk about. The amino polysiloxane is acceptable. Give it some thought before you put this on your finish. Enjoy!