PDA

View Full Version : Detailing student flunked

Pages : [1] 2

amgtorre
06-20-2002, 05:05 PM
I had a friend visiting today so we can detail his car,

the car was washed, clayed, AIO, SG, trim detailed, tires dressed, windows cleaned, interior vaccumed, inside plastics dressed ... the whole works.

I stopped him a couple of times when he rubbed dirt from the bottom of the door on the fender... and when he wanted to clean the wheels with a MF towel...

Car was looking great after we were done ...

Afterwards we we drove to the grocery store and he went through a [edit to correct the dog slaining "poodle"] puddle of muddy water when there was plenty of dry pavement for him to use... oh well ... I did not say a thing.

Never again will he use any of my supplies ... or my time explaining how to detail a car ...

imported_seres
06-20-2002, 05:23 PM
Aaaaaahhh! That would drive me crazy!!

At least you tried!!

thevolvoguy
06-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by amgtorre

Afterwards we we drove to the grocery store and he went through a poodle

:nono

bjwebster
06-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Gotta watch out for those "poodles"! :D :D

jerry@robs
06-20-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

hehe you are bad... !

:D

C. Charles Hahn
06-20-2002, 08:54 PM

but why?? I always thought they were kinda ugly anyways......

and better to have some dog-chow to clean off the lower rockers than some muddy water, right?? :o :D

porterdog
06-20-2002, 08:59 PM
it`s my driver and I drive a lot. It also rains here pretty frequently, so it`s not that uncommon for my surface to get sort of dirty.

I recently stopped by to visit a friend of mine whom I`d not seen in many months- he wanted to check out my turbo b/c he`d had a normally aspirated Miata in the past. I pop the hood and he leans on my (dirty!) fender to peer into the engine department.

Deep breath. Think to self:"It`s your driver. It`s not perfect. You have a PC." I don`t say a word.

5 minutes later he`s leaning on the rear quarter. "Please don`t..." I start to say, gesturing at the paint.

"Oh! Sorry!" he says, genuinely chagrined, and then commences to wipe the fingerprints off the dirty surface with his shirt!

All I could do was laugh. Such irony...

Robert

VetteToVair
06-20-2002, 09:07 PM
i feel your pain. even if there isn`t enough pavement to avoid the "poodle", i just use the opposite lane. oncoming traffic must think i`m wasted :p

imported_seres
06-20-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by porterdog

Deep breath. Think to self:"It`s your driver. It`s not perfect. You have a PC." I don`t say a word.

5 minutes later he`s leaning on the rear quarter. "Please don`t..." I start to say, gesturing at the paint.

"Oh! Sorry!" he says, genuinely chagrined, and then commences to wipe the fingerprints off the dirty surface with his shirt!

All I could do was laugh. Such irony...

Robert

Along those lines.... I made sure our Volvo was gleaming in & out when we went to visit my DH`s parents....

I almost fainted when my Father-in-law tapped his cigarette pack on the hood after he got out a cig. Then, breathed a sigh of relief when he didn`t try to smoke in the car --- trying to ask him not to would cause WWIII in our family! :)

Oh well! But, my M-I-L did say "Your car has a nice paint job!" :D

Didn`t even start to explain why the car has such a shine!!

You know, I may need to start taking high blood pressure meds at this rate!!

imported_seres
06-20-2002, 09:10 PM
P.S. "Poodles" are notorious for making a mess in your, I mean, on your, car!! :D

VetteToVair
06-20-2002, 09:15 PM
just remember that poodles are only ugly because of what humans do to them. any poodle owners out there?

bjwebster
06-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Funny enough, My mother has 3 poodles and my sister 1. I know poodles can be bad for cars because once upon a time, one opted to urinate in my backseat. :nono :doh

C. Charles Hahn
06-20-2002, 09:24 PM

Funny enough, My mother has 3 poodles and my sister 1. I know poodles can be bad for cars because once upon a time, one opted to urinate in my backseat. :nono :doh

so the poodle caused a "poodle"?? :D

bjwebster
06-20-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

so the poodle caused a "poodle"?? :D

Hahahahahahahahahaha lololololol

rotflmao

:p :D

ultrajim49
06-21-2002, 05:18 AM
rotflmao

Not in acronym-list