PDA

View Full Version : not another clay review

VetteToVair
06-20-2002, 03:10 PM
this is really weird.

the subject: large white van(approximately 10 yrs. old)

the process: claying(clay magic)

the problem:

this van is huge and probably has never seen any protection. i just finished claying half of it. it is 90 degrees outside and very humid. i have not yet seen any discoloration or dirt or grime or anything on the clay. it looks like i just pulled it out of the box. :nixweiss has anyone else experienced anything like this? i thought the clay would be black by now. what`s going on?

shaf
06-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Does the paint feel smoother when you`re done? Are you rubbing long enough?

Last, and please forgive me if this sounds retarded, but sometimes people forget to remove the protective wrapper on the clay first....

VetteToVair
06-20-2002, 04:15 PM
yes, the plastic was removed. :D i just finished the whole van and it feels much better and looks a ton better. large spots of black crap were removed with some moderate pressure. with the amount of stuff that came off the van, i would expect to see at least some of it on the clay. there is no easy way of knowing when the clay is too contaminated to continue using it. this is my first experience with clay magic but i have lots of experience with mothers. something just doesn`t seem right. sorry if i sound like a retard, but i`m really stumped. i only used half the bar so this means it should look even worse.

2wheelsx2
06-20-2002, 04:27 PM
Definitely sounds wrong. I have both Mother`s and Clay Magic, and the clay magic seems to show dirt more readily than Mother`s, since it is blue. I did a tiny section of my car with a small lump I pinched off and it was really drak quickly.

thevolvoguy
06-20-2002, 10:10 PM
I had a similar experience last weekend. As some of you may or may not remember I fully detailed my friends farm truck, starting with a dawn wash followed by Meguiars clay. I found the meguiars to be a little tougher than Mothers. However, even though it made the paint a lot smoother and definately cleaned it... I saw little, if not no contaminates picked up on the clay bar. Oh well I think it worked. Not very satisfying though. Would clear coats have anythign to do with this? I know the truck was not clear coated.

chevyguy28
06-20-2002, 10:39 PM
I clayed a car other than mine that was contaminated with tons of sap, and it showed on the blue ClayMagic.