PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here used Plexus?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Indy YZF
06-20-2002, 07:14 AM
While reading up how to keep polished billet rims mirror-like, I came across an obscure reference to a poduct called Plexus...Plexus is an aerosol meant for use on all plastics...Its supposed to seal the pores, provide a protective coating, and buff out to a spiffy shine....Well, I bought some of this, because I figured Id use it for the front spoiler and air dam where its bug-city and it could use some good slipperiness. However, because most of our paints are also `plastic`, I figured it might be used all over...Certainly, it will make the black plastic trim pieces look and last better, and might add some protection against some waxes.. And, finally, Id use it on my billet rims after a good cleaning and polishing, as a protectant.

Folks, this stuff is amazing. I even used it on my eyeglass lenses, and they became much more slippery and resistant to dust and smudges. It can be used on just about any hard surface, and will clean, shine, and protect in one swipe....I was really impressed...For an all purpose product, this is pretty hard to beat I think. Let me know if anybody`s tried it and feels about it the same way I do..

2clean4u
06-20-2002, 09:13 AM
I use it on my motorcycle`s clear plastic windshield and my helmet. It works great. It also makes cleaning the bugs off very easy. It does not attract dust, and gives it a nice shine.

Altimazzz
06-20-2002, 09:27 AM
Many buy it to use on headlamp covers, deflectors, tail lights, plastic covers over instrument guages and especially interior tint.

new996
06-20-2002, 12:16 PM
The Plexus also seems to work great on aftermarket tinted windows... since the tint is actually plastic and it`s not the actual glass your cleaning!

:xyxthumbs

imported_jr_mints
06-22-2002, 05:10 AM
I`ve only used it once, but I will continue to do so in the future. The shine on the headlights and tailights was the best I`ve seen.

imported_Intel486
06-22-2002, 03:33 PM
I use it on my headlights, taillights, and bug deflector.

ClayBartrug
06-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Where does one pick this stuff up Paul?

Thx

imported_Indy YZF
06-24-2002, 12:03 PM

Honestly, I forget...But Im sure it was from an on line detailing place like CMA or something like it. Try a search ... If you email me privately I`ll look where I got it when I get home tonight.

imported_Intel486
06-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Chris S

Thx

I get mine at West Marine. Check if you have one and try some other boating supply stores. They should also have 303

tthomp82
06-24-2002, 06:44 PM
Most motorcycle stores carry this too.

imported_Indy YZF
06-24-2002, 08:19 PM
You guys, try some on your paint, and see if you like it as much as I do!

new996
06-25-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Chris S

Thx

I`ve been getting Plexus from a Store in Pa. You can find them online at http://www.carcrazy.net. I can`t seem to find it in many chain stores (if at all). Seems it is either smaller shops around here or online.

:)

imported_Indy YZF
06-25-2002, 04:40 PM
You can get it right here at CMA!

amarriapeas
06-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Like everybody else says, awesome for headlights and taillights :D

ExplorerXLT95
07-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Question....

I have posted before regarding Plexus and I recognize that everyone is quite fond of it. But in regards to removing that nasty, yellow, fogged look on plastic head-lights, will it work??

I have had some problems in the past with plastic headlights becoming that ugly yellowish color (I`m sure some of you know what I`m talking about).....But I always thought that was an interior problem??? How can Plexus fix a problem on the inside from the outside?? I thought the nasty hazy/yellowish stuff on the headlights was on the outside....

Help/comments/thoughts????????????