PDA

View Full Version : Reapplied SG

Blackmirror
06-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Ok I decided to AIO again on top of several coats of SG. Hopefully i didn`t remove all of the SG. Reason I did this was to get the hazing off. I think it worked. I think last time, which was my first time using both products, I applied too much of the SG. This time I just did a nickel dab on the roof, one for the hood and one for the trunk lid. I`ll see how it comes out tomorrow or when its a sunny day that I can take the Grand National out.

When I applied the SG, using a lot less than the first time I used it, it looked like it disappeared when i went over the paint surface with the MF applicator. Is that a sign that I applied just the right amount? And after 30 min I buffed it off and it was easy to buff off this time and i didn`t see any haze.

thecarguyGP97
06-20-2002, 09:12 AM
Yes you are applying the SG correctly. It took me a couple of trys too, but now i think i`ve got the hang of it. At first i thought i wasn`t applying enough because of the fact that i couldn`t see it!

Altimazzz
06-20-2002, 09:30 AM
To get rid of haze I have successfully used a damp microfiber cloth to remove. Also I have used dry microfiber with light misting sprayer. Just spray on and wipe off. Works well, or you can use a detailin spray like EF or Final Inspection.

thecarguyGP97
06-20-2002, 04:26 PM
I think that sometime back, someone posted that they had found out what caused the dreaded Klasse hazing. It was a result of using TOO MUCH PRODUCT. So always think... less is better!

amgtorre
06-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Blackmirror

When I applied the SG, using a lot less than the first time I used it, it looked like it disappeared ... Yes! you`re then using the right amount ...

Briane: hazing in sunlight was not fixed for me when buffing with a damp MF towel, it was fixed by AIO and light coat of SG

Blackmirror
06-22-2002, 01:14 PM
After buffing off the SG in the garage i saw no haze. next day i took the GN to work on an 86 degree day. When I went home to park the car in the garage i turned on the garage light which is not really bright but provides good enough lighting. I saw hazing on certain areas. Tried to QD it with EO Wipe n shine. Didn`t really work and I had to apply pressure on the MF towel to try to get the hazing off. It worked a little but I think the hazing is still there.:mad: I know I applied a lot less SG this time. I`m wondering if the hot sun has something to do with the hazing.

Is it ok to apply pressure to the MF towel when buffing off SG?

Blackmirror
06-22-2002, 10:22 PM
anyone?

getfit74
06-23-2002, 08:21 AM
You can certianly put some elbow grease into buffing SG out. I have found if you use a cotton terry towel to remove the bulk of the SG and then follow up with a MF to buff it works well.