PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Slickness?

2clean4u
06-19-2002, 09:44 PM
Here is my situation. I decided to try Zaino. I tried it on my sisters blue Honda Civic. These are the steps :

1. Dawn washed

2. Clayed

3. 1 coat of z5 with zfx

4. 2 coats of z2 with zfx

5. Z6 between each coat

The shine was excellent! It made the metalic flakes stand out. I was disappointed with the slickness. It didnt feel very slick. I have read how Zaino offers the best "slick finish"

Did I do something wrong? Did I get a bad batch of Zaino? It just felt like normal wax. I was expecting Zaino to be very slick. I followed the dirrections. waited for it to dry. Used 100% U.S. cotton towels. Used z6 between coats. I even let it sit in the sun to "Bake". I was expecting it to be slicker than the raindance that I used back in the 80`s

Thanks for the help!

Frank

laynlow
06-19-2002, 10:00 PM
I would have done the Dawn wash AFTER I clayed to ensure there was no clay residue left on the surface. You may have some clay residue that either didn`t allow the Z to bond correctly or is just adding friction to the surface. Zaino is very slick, and it stays that way for good long time. :wavey

Redcar GUY
06-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

I would have done the Dawn wash AFTER I clayed to ensure there was no clay residue left on the surface. You may have some clay residue that either didn`t allow the Z to bond correctly or is just adding friction to the surface. Zaino is very slick, and it stays that way for good long time.

yep what he said

:xyxthumbs

06-19-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Fskof

Here is my situation. I decided to try Zaino. I tried it on my sisters blue Honda Civic. These are the steps :

1. Dawn washed

2. Clayed

3. 1 coat of z5 with zfx

4. 2 coats of z2 with zfx

5. Z6 between each coat

The shine was excellent! It made the metalic flakes stand out. I was disappointed with the slickness. It didnt feel very slick. I have read how Zaino offers the best "slick finish"

Did I do something wrong? Did I get a bad batch of Zaino? It just felt like normal wax. I was expecting Zaino to be very slick. I followed the dirrections. waited for it to dry. Used 100% U.S. cotton towels. Used z6 between coats. I even let it sit in the sun to "Bake". I was expecting it to be slicker than the raindance that I used back in the 80`s

Thanks for the help!

Frank

The same thing happened to me, my tips are.

When i felt it at first it wasnt slick, william420 then said check it in the morning when my hands arent all sweaty and clammy from detailing, yep he was right, super slick. Next thing, i let my car sit in the sun for a few hours after detailing, the zaino became even slicker. try it

2clean4u
06-19-2002, 10:15 PM
Its been a week since I wax it. I thought it might need time for it to bond. I`m sorry I forgot to say that I did washed with Dawn after the clay. My fault. The car does have a very nice shine. I`m thinking of adding a layer of z2 with out the zfx and see if that makes the difference.

Frank

DETAILKING
06-19-2002, 10:23 PM
If it aint slick there is something wrong!!!! Is the paint SMOOTH prior to zainoing? Zaino wont polish the paint SMOOTH...but will make it slick........

2clean4u
06-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Yes the paint is very smoth before appling zaino. I am not dissapointed with the shine. This is the best I have ever seen this car shine. I will try a layer of z2 without zfx to see wehat kind of results I get

Frank

DCT
06-20-2002, 05:52 AM
I agree with DK! I finish up with the Z6, and it`s the slickest finish I`ve ever felt.

Hope you get it worked out!

imported_memnuts
06-20-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

If it aint slick there is something wrong!!!! Is the paint SMOOTH prior to zainoing? Zaino wont polish the paint SMOOTH...but will make it slick........

DK hit the nail on the head. :xyxthumbs

Z6 is necessary for that great slickness Zaino is famous for. Some say that Z6 is optional but I believe it is necessary for the complete effect of Zaino polishes. It may seem a little expensive but a little goes a long way. Also look into the Z7 car wash. This also augments the system and you will not believe how it actually improves the shine. :cool:

Maik
06-21-2002, 01:45 PM
Yup...gotta love that Z5 shine! Check out the reflection of my freshly Z`d MDX. :xyxthumbs