PDA

View Full Version : Any experienced users of Car Brite Fallout Gel?

HellrotCi
06-19-2002, 06:51 PM
I went by a local auto paint supply shop to pick up some Meguiar`s #2 Fine-cut Cleaner to see if I could remove or deminish the acid rain spots on my wife`s car. One of the shop owners suggested trying Car Brite Fallout Gel and loaned me a gallon container of it to try. The acid rain spots have been on the car for 3-4 years and what I`ve tried, paint cleaners and SMR, so far have not worked.

I also bought a 10x photographer`s loupe so I could get a close-up look at the damage.:shocked

Update: I went out this morning and gave the roof on my wife`s car the Car Brite Fallout Gel treatment. Unfortunately, it failed to remove any of the acid rain spots.:nixweiss I suspect this stuff is designed to be used on fresh industrial pollution and not damage that has been there for years. When you look at the spots through the loupe, 95% of them aren`t visible even though you can see them with the naked eye. The 5% that you can see have actually etched the clearcoat, but just around the perimeter of the spot. I tried some 3M Fine-cut rubbing compound by hand and it didn`t make any difference either. I guess I`ll just have to live with it. :sosad

thevolvoguy
06-19-2002, 09:00 PM
I havent heard of it. What EXACTLY does it do? Sounds interesting...

Green Monster
06-20-2002, 06:18 AM
I have never tried it but here is the description from Carbite`s site.

Car Brite Fallout Gel (http://www.carbrite.com/e038.htm)

Let us know how it works.