PDA

View Full Version : Detailing demo to carclubs-waste of time?

Runaway-boy
06-18-2002, 08:53 PM
I´ve invited some carclubs of various sorts to show them some detailing techniches. I just wonder if that pays of in the long run. It does consume some time and preparations and a whole lot of sandwiches...and beer.

I had this brilliant idee that if I show them how hard and how much time it takes to make it right they probably rather leave the car to someone that do it for a living instead of ruin the precious car themselves.

I´m I totally wrong here about is and wasting my time??

allen aikens jr.
06-19-2002, 12:51 AM
Runaway,

IMO, I don`t think it would be a waste of time for two reasons.

1) they might leave their car to someone that does it for a living instead of ruining their car themselves. And you drum up some business for yourself.

2) If you have products on hand to sell after the demo, if they don`t want you to detail their car, they might buy some of your products and you would still make a profit from the demo.

Just my .02 worth.

TCM
06-19-2002, 11:40 AM
I think it is a good idea as you can sell product if they want to detail the car themselves and they will tell their freinds, who most likely also are into nice cars) that you are a good detailer. Word of mouth is key in this situation. Car guys are always talking.

shaf
06-19-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by T.C.

I think it is a good idea as you can sell product if they want to detail the car themselves and they will tell their freinds, who most likely also are into nice cars) that you are a good detailer. Word of mouth is key in this situation. Car guys are always talking. I agree. Just make sure you hand out business cards or be in touch somehow. Even if they don`t give you business directly, maybe you can impress them enough for them to recommend their friends to you. I`m sure they`d rather try someone they`ve seen and met rather than company X from page 89 in the phone book.