PDA

View Full Version : Meg. Gold Class Trim Detailer

samiam513
06-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Anyone tired it? I was looking through my Meguiars catalog, and I saw it.

Here`s the description: Componets of black plastic, and rubber regain their origional, rich appearance for weeks rather than days with this exclusive Gold Class Trim Detailer. The specialized cleaning action removes surface contaminants and WAX RESIDUE from porous and non-porous black surfacecs ranging from bumpers and side moldings to window trim.

Part # G-10810

Cost $2.99 for 10 oz.

I put wax residue in caps because this is what most of us have. Mine came from meguiars, and I hope meguiars can take the problem off.

imported_JeffBruce
06-18-2002, 07:37 PM
You should do a search ..here

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4951&highlight=trim+detailer

Lenny
06-18-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by samiam513

Anyone tired it? I was looking through my Meguiars catalog, and I saw it.

Here`s the description: Componets of black plastic, and rubber regain their origional, rich appearance for weeks rather than days with this exclusive Gold Class Trim Detailer. The specialized cleaning action removes surface contaminants and WAX RESIDUE from porous and non-porous black surfacecs ranging from bumpers and side moldings to window trim.

Part # G-10810

Cost $2.99 for 10 oz.

I put wax residue in caps because this is what most of us have. Mine came from meguiars, and I hope meguiars can take the problem off.

It will do the job quite well. I found that for black plastic and rubber trim, Trim Detailer does as good a job as Endurance does for tires. Just my 2¢ worth.

msmcdon
06-19-2002, 04:28 PM
I use and like it quite a bit. My only beef with it was that it ran down the finish after a rainstorm and left nasty dirty streaks.

I was told by someone here to buff slightly after application to keep that from happening again.... and haven`t experienced a rainstorm to see if it works or not. Good luck!

Lenny
06-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by HoneyGold65

I use and like it quite a bit. My only beef with it was that it ran down the finish after a rainstorm and left nasty dirty streaks.

I was told by someone here to buff slightly after application to keep that from happening again.... and haven`t experienced a rainstorm to see if it works or not. Good luck!

Yea, that was my suggestion. Too bad (sort of) that there hasn`t been enough of a rainstorm to see if it works for you. Let us know one way or the other!!

msmcdon
06-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Well... thanks again for the tip, LenA and sorry I spaced your name! :D I`ll let you know the next time the sky dumps on KC!

DCT
06-19-2002, 05:11 PM
I use the GC Trim detailer, and have had the same results. It works pretty well........... as good as anything else I`ve tried. I do the buffing thing after I apply, and still get a few streaks after a rain storm, but not bad. If anybody comes across a product that will clean the wax off, make the trim look good, and won`t streak......... PLEASE let me know!