PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever detail any hearses>?

Redcar GUY
06-18-2002, 01:52 AM
I MAY be druming up some new business, do any of you work on them>? Also the limos they use>?

What do you all charge if so?

a few are like this

http://www.hearse.com/vehicles/motorized/cadillac/2002/eagle/hearse/v002_black/images/IMG_3371_small.jpg

What do you use on the "fabric" on the tops>?

and the limos are like this

http://www.hearse.com/vehicles/motorized/cadillac/1998/superior/limousine/v001/images/IMG_3652_200w.jpg any help>?

C. Charles Hahn
06-18-2002, 06:58 AM
Bill - the "fabric" on the top of the hearses is the same stuff used for convertible tops...... so you should be able to use the same stuff (303 or whatever the fabric-top cleaner/protectant of choice is arround here) on it. :up

as for the limos I don`t believe they are too excessively larger than the regular sedans - so I just would charge a small "upcharge" for the larger vehicle - perhaps $20 more than what you would charge for detailing a normal caddy sedan like that.

The hearse pricing would be in line with a small SUV or a larger station wagon (such as my Chevy Blazer or one of the older "Olds Vista Cruiser"s.)

good luck! :up

samiam513
06-18-2002, 11:07 AM
what he said.

hope no one is in the hearse while your deetailing.:shocked

imported_BretFraz
06-18-2002, 02:42 PM
Try Amazing Roll Off on the fabric tops. It works great on convertible tops and canvas boat covers.

If it were me detailing it, I`d treat it as a big SUV, price-wise.

bill1100
06-20-2002, 08:14 AM
Depends on what you are doing to them, if they are going to be a steady/regular customer give them dealer type prices. Also they are nver really that dirty any hearses I ever cleaned were well kept.

By the way this is my 1st post here, I owned a detail shop for 5 years.

DK Mobile
06-26-2002, 10:44 PM
I have done two. Very good money. I charged $450.00 for the interior and exterior. Took me 12 hours. Not bad.

Not my favorite kind of vehicle to do...