PDA

View Full Version : What wax at Autozone?

imported_civic2383
06-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Hi I`m looking for a decent wax that’s pretty easy to use and good shine that i can get at my local auto part stores or Wal-Mart/Target. This is for a buddy of mine who is selling his car and wants to shine it up a little bit. It will probably be applied by a PC. Any Suggestions would be much appreciated.

*Also can 3m SMR be found at any local stores?

Thanks

imported_dl9589
06-17-2002, 04:40 PM
At the Autozones & Walmart type stores around here all I can find is Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow wax (#26 I believe), which is an excellent wax IMO. I can also find Meguiars Gold Class wax, after that it`s just TW, or E1 Wet Shine wax.

laynlow
06-17-2002, 04:41 PM
Well, if you want a nice shine for a upcoming sale Meguiars gold class is easily found at Autozone ect. 3M SMR can be had at Napa, Pepboys, and automotive paint distributors (check your local yellow pages).

imported_civic2383
06-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Wow fast replys Thanks guys

ALAN81
06-17-2002, 06:04 PM
MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS that`s my choice and they are running a special in the month of June

MikeLS
06-17-2002, 06:27 PM
For local "waxes", I`d choose Liquid Glass as my top choice, which actually isn`t a wax, but a silicome polymer which offers much better durability and a mirror-like shine....you can find it at AZ. Other decent choices would be Gold Class, Eagle1, or 3M Show Paste...none of which offer fantastic durability, but offer decent shines. Also, even though I haven`t tried it, the Mother`s Reflections is supposed to be a good synthetic product, however I wouldn`t know as its nowhere to be found around here...:(

Happy Hunting!

:wavey

matt@wheelwax
06-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Could I theoretically apply Liquid Glass Over Meguiars #20 and #26? Or would it take those two products off?

2wheelsx2
06-17-2002, 11:18 PM
It would take everything off. There was a detailed discussion on this very recently. A search will show you everything you ever wanted to know about LG.

boarderx
06-18-2002, 07:14 AM
3M SMR was at my local NAPA and PepBoys.

The NAPA store also had PI-2 & FI-2. They also had quite a few other products that I was surprised to find locally.

TortoiseAWD
06-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Here`s a thought on a "higher-end" wax that *might* be available local to you . . . check the motorcycle dealerships in your city for S-100 wax. It`s basically the same product as P21S (highly regarded on the forum), and runs about $15 for the can.

If you decide to go the polymer route instead of carnuba, Liquid Glass or Meg`s #20 are easy to find.

3M abrasive products (Swirl Mark Remover, Perfect-It III, Finesse-It II, etc.) can sometimes be found at NAPA stores, or check your yellow pages to see if there`s an automotive paint supplier in your town. The paint suppliers typically carry abrasives, PC foam pads, clay . . . pretty much everything you need for polishing before you wax or seal. The paint supplier that I go to even carries a few waxes (all the Meg`s pro line, some Wizard`s products, and a few others).

Good luck,

Tort