PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Medallion Paint Cleaner

rockymountaindetail
06-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Just used MMPPC the other day via hand and didn`t receive the desired results though I believe my paint surface was quite clean in the first place...

Was hoping someone could inform me of better directions of applying it for when I detail my brothers blue `99 Jeep Grand Cherokee later this week... No, I don`t have access to an orbital.

Yes, I`ve used the search function and read the bottle before using it in the first place.

laynlow
06-17-2002, 01:12 PM
What were the results you wanted? Swirl removal or just clean paint? Of course, the orbital is the best method for application, but if you must apply by hand I would suggest giving Meguiars a call for some tips. The 800 number should be on your bottle.

imported_doug
06-17-2002, 01:28 PM
The MPPC is a real "catch-all" product. In my experience it was actually too harsh for my black car (though it was a LONG time ago before I ever even heard of diminishing abrasives - so maybe I didn`t work it hard enough.)

Anyway - it will clean a badly oxidized surface right up, but if you are starting with a pretty good finish, I`d recommend swirl mark remover if you need some swirl reduction, and glaze or polish only if you don`t - then wax.

Green Monster
06-17-2002, 01:37 PM
I think its going to be hard to get great results without a PC but try to work in a small section like a 1/3 of the hood. Keep going over the area back and fourth and side to side until the product drys and start to remove its self.

I have had great results with it but using a PC. Good luck!