PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-18 Clay Bar

zey
06-17-2002, 03:59 AM
Has anyone tried this product? What I have seen in this forum is just Clay Magic, Mothers and Meguiar`s clay bars.

ultrajim49
06-17-2002, 04:31 AM
I`ve used it and I`m verry happy with the results.

As a negative I can say it`s stiff, not verry moldable, but you can counter that with either scraping a little off when it`s become too "dirty" or (as I did) mold it in your bucket of water with Z-carwash in it .

As a lube I`ve used Z-wash(keep forgetting the number) in a spritz-bottle , but with a buked of carwash next to me.

It works great is all I can realy say.

:xyxthumbs

:wavey

zey
06-17-2002, 06:49 AM
Thanks man! I think I will consider about it because it is cheaper than Mothers and Clay Magic as it is sold in 2 pieces. =)

rolle4
06-17-2002, 08:42 AM
I`ve used both the Z-18 Clay bar and the Clay Magic and would agree that the Z is a bit stiffer but I feel like I got better results with it than the Clay Magic. I used Z-7 wash in a spray bottle as lube and it worked really well. The Clay Magic is good also but I think the edge goes to Z :up

drewski59
06-17-2002, 12:34 PM
I ordered some, but haven`t gotten around to using it yet. It does seem stiffer than the Mothers(which I used once with the Showtime, but it left streaks:mad: ).

I`m waiting for this d*$& rain to quit so I can get around to a full detail.

I also now use the Z-7 wash/water mixture in a spray bottle for lube.

-half capful of Z-7 to 12 ounces water!

:wavey

imported_Dude
06-17-2002, 12:38 PM
A very good product. I prefer Mother`s, but the difference between the two is so slim that you can`t go wrong with either one. Clay is an awesome product!

Brad B
06-17-2002, 01:33 PM
I have used no less than 8 different clay products and Z18 is my favorite. It is stiffer and harder to knead than the rest but I don`t use clay that way.

I find it MUCH safer to cut the clay in small slices, shape it to silver dollar size pieces, use one side until dirty, flip use the other side and then toss it. It is very economical and you will never risk the temptation of kneading debris into a clean bar and potentially damaging your paint in the future.

I gave several demo`s on claying at my Tips and Tricks event and folks were amazed at how easy it was to use even for first timers. Z18 was used and diluted Z7 was the lube. It never left residue, stuck or scratched.

Thumbs up to Z18.

imported_Ronin
06-18-2002, 10:41 AM
How many pieces do you get from one bar?

Brad B
06-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Obviously it depends on how big/thick you like your pieces to be but I get about 10 pieces from a bar.