PDA

View Full Version : levelers who has used them?

Eddy Fiuza
06-17-2002, 01:41 AM
Who likes to use levelers?

ultrajim49
06-17-2002, 04:33 AM
Welcome to the forum,

can you please be a bit more speciffic?

:nixweiss

BumpersPlus2
06-17-2002, 06:57 AM
That is just a softer word for compound.

ultrajim49
06-17-2002, 07:04 AM
The first thing that crossed my mind was "Langka" :because it `levels` touch-up paint.

:wavey

Eddy Fiuza
06-17-2002, 08:48 AM
levelers vs Compounds:I had read a article that said,leveling products differ from compounds,like night and day.What makes them diffrent is the a abrasives content used in various products.

Compounds abrasives are mined rock that is crushed,pulvarized,and run through a screen for particle size.This

type of abrasive particle is like a round saw blade with sharp jagged edges. During the buffing process,these sharp jagged edged particles,DO NOT break down,cutting groves into the paint as they tumble across the finish during the buffing process resulting in visible scratches.

Leveling abrasive on the other hand are rounded node particles

that agitate the sand scratch during the initial buffing process reducing or closing the scratch.As the particles tumble across the finish,they become oval shaped and eventually flatten out reducing the scratch without adding any new additional scrathes to the finish.

samiam513
06-17-2002, 09:13 AM
hmm sounds interesting.

How much does a bottle of "levelers" cost and who makes them?

imported_Intel486
06-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ferrari

Leveling abrasive on the other hand are rounded node particles

that agitate the sand scratch during the initial buffing process reducing or closing the scratch.As the particles tumble across the finish,they become oval shaped and eventually flatten out reducing the scratch without adding any new additional scrathes to the finish.

So Basically it contains diminishing abrasives? I think a lot of meguiar`s products have abrasives like that.

Also, aren`t some compounds abrasive chemically?

Just sounds like another term that has gotten tarnished. Kinda like the term polymers. or the terms wax and polish.

Eddy Fiuza
06-17-2002, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by samiam513

hmm sounds interesting.

How much does a bottle of "levelers" cost and who makes them? LEVELERS are made by two company hi temp or akrya.price can start from 10.95 an up.keep notes that it`s made in light cutting,medium,or extream cut.CAUTION make sure that you try the light cut first and see the results.this product can take paint of in a blink of an eye.I always test the paint for thickness.I bought myself electronic paint gage that checks for paint thickness,also it`s probe allows it to identify if metal or aluminum is present.I never buff cars paint if it reads under 4 mills.I hope this infomation is helpful.