PDA

View Full Version : Mothers new wax

kbshadow
06-16-2002, 12:55 PM
I waxed my wifes silver PT Cruiser yesterday with Mothers new Reflections wax, It is great stuff.

It went on very easy,gives a deep, deep gloss and shine and the good news is that if you slop it all over the black rubber and plastic like I do it wipes right off and leaves no wax dust and comes off very easy, I think its the best wax I have ever used and I have used most of the good ones.

I also detailed the windows, tires, wheels, wheels wells and when I got through something did not seem right, then I remembered a TV show a few weeks ago where they detailed a PT Cruiser and recommended using Mothers plastic polish on the headlight covers, I did that and something was still wrong, than I saw it, the black between the door windows was dull and stained and dull, I have never been able to get them looking new and every thing else looked so good they really showed up.

I tried the Mothers Plastic Polish on them and now they look like new, best the car has looked since we got it.

I had been using 3M Micro Fiber cloths and liked them but had just received my order of MF cloths from Neatitems recommended on this forum, great tip, they are twice as big and three times as thick and really worked well taking the wax off.

Really happy with Mothers Reflections and the Neatitems cloths.

Bob

Stockton Ca

drewski59
06-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Glad to see another PT owner here!

I have a 2002 Limited Edition(Taupe Frost Metallic)

Very nice to look at the unique curves when detailed properly!

Good job with the Mothers. Please post pics if you can!

If you were happy with Reflections, then Zaino would blow your socks off! :xyxthumbs Zaino really works wonders on American car finishes!

You could also layer the Reflections as much as you want, and the gloss only gets better!

:wavey

Chuckmotor
06-16-2002, 02:56 PM
How is the Mother`s Reflection wax compared to Meguiar`s Gold Class in terms of gloss and shine? Are they comparable waxes? Does Mother`s Reflection last a little longer than Gold Class?

kbshadow
06-16-2002, 03:31 PM
I have used gold class and its good but Reflections is much easer to use and get off the trim, has a higher deeper gloss, looks almost like another coat of clearcoat, I don`t think its wax I think it one of the new generation synthetics.

Maybe Forrest can tell us about its longevity.

Havn`t used Zano but from what I have read here over the past year it must be good, I also think one of the reasons it turns out so well is that the people that use don`t take shortcuts, they learn about it and apply their knowledge, most of the Zano users sound almost professional.

Bob

Stockton Ca

MikeLS
06-16-2002, 03:48 PM
Reflections sounds like a good product for quick results from a one step. I would actually like to try the Reflections product, but the selection of the better Mother`s products here is really bad, similar to Eagle1 actually. I really don`t understand it either, I mean if these companies want to sell product, why don`t they put it on store shelves? I`m not so interested as to mail order it, but if it were on a shelf, I`d probably at least try it once or twice. :nixweiss Anyhow, good to hear you liked the product. Reflections actually can not layer because of its cleaners or polishes, so each coat would remove the previous. Even so, it is supposed to offer the look and some of the durability of a synthetic. It`s more similar to Meguiar`s #20, I suppose, than something like Zaino or Klasse SG. But, still worth a try, IMO if you are lucky enough to find soime....

:wavey

imported_Tony
06-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the post:

I will try the Mother`s plastic polish on the door post. I have been using QD which is ok. I use to use Mother`s back to black on my bumpers but now I have PT Woody`s chrome bumpers.

BTW: my Cruiser is silver.

forrest@mothers
06-16-2002, 07:22 PM
kb - Reflections is a resin based synthetic. Its longevity is quite good - better than canauba, and as you saw, ease of use is top notch.

One difference resins have is a softness compared to carnauba - the paint won`t feel as slick (since the finish is softer), but is still protected. You`ll notice the difference in feel after 2-3 weeks.

I use it on my daily driver (Contour SVT) and my wife`s mini-van. While it may not have a high price tag (~$10), it really is a great product.

Metallic Mike - what goes on the shelf is not up to me - it`s up to the buyers at the retail chains. THey decide what goes on the shelf. I can beg and plead all I want, and offer incentives, but if they feel they only want 1 $10 item on the shelf, there won`t be 2.

I have some large chains like Pep Boys that sell phenomenal amounts of Reflections. Too bad other chains aren`t putting it in. Believe me, I keep trying.

thevolvoguy
06-16-2002, 08:14 PM
PICTURES! pleeeease :wavey

Scottwax
06-17-2002, 01:02 AM
I tried Reflections when it came out a couple of years ago. Pretty good 1 step product and you can use it in the sun if you need to. Nice shine and pretty durable. :up

KSCobra46
06-17-2002, 11:13 AM
I`ve been looking for a nice one-step product for the wife`s car (mettalic green Taurus SHO) and I think I`ve found it. Heck if its as easy to apply and remove and stated then a coat per month would be a snap!!

imported_Blake
06-17-2002, 12:03 PM
I used Reflections last year and it is a good product (easy to use and very good shine) and similar to AIO. Certainly for a quick once over it`s a good product. I always carry a product like this when I`m travelling and have to touch up an area. It certainly is reasonable in price.

drewski59
06-17-2002, 12:25 PM
I didn`t know Reflections was a one-step product, oh well now I do!:D

Anyways, I forgot to add that I wax the door pillars w/Gold Class after every wash(the Z7 seems to strip it).

It shines them up really nice, and removes all of the annoying fingerprints and water spots that always end up there!

:xyxthumbs