PDA

View Full Version : How do yall charge

thevolvoguy
06-15-2002, 11:26 PM
How do all you pro. detailers charge customers. Particularly mobile detailers. I started a business about a year ago and started with the following rates.

Silver Detail~Hand Wash

wash, dry, clean wheels, tires, and wheel wells, clean and rain x windows, dress tires, polish chrome, vaccum carpets, wipe down dash and instruments

$30-$40

Gold Detail~Exterior Detail

Same as Silver plus hand polish and wax

$55-$70

Platinum Detail~Full Detail

Same as Gold plus clay exterior, steam clean carpet and mats and cloth seats, condition leather and vinyl vaccum trunk, clean and polish engine compartment

$100-$110

Do these prices seem reasonable? I have thought of charging hourly, but found coustomers are more comfortable paying a fixed rate.

Turbonator
06-16-2002, 06:35 PM
hello vguy, as a mobile detailer i`ve always had upfront pricing since i started out. however for boats, limos, rv`s or other very large vehicles i charge an hourly rate - $40/hr. customers do seem to be more comfortable with upfront pricing rather than individual quotes where i`m from. your prices are very similar to mine, so i wouldn`t say they`re unreasonable.;)

imported_BretFraz
06-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Those are damn good prices. I used to charge quite a bit more for a full detail, and rarely did engine cleaning (too risky).

If you were local and did a good job I`d certainly refer folks to you.

C. Charles Hahn
06-16-2002, 08:35 PM
mastercard, visa, discover, express.....

no seriously - my prices are just slightly higher than yours, but right in that same ballpark.

Scottwax
06-17-2002, 01:17 AM
Seems reasonable. I charge a little less in some areas, but a little more in others (like full details). I make sure people understand my prices are a guideline only and usually quote them a range and that the lower end is for a well maintained vehicle and the upper end is for problem areas such as excessive stains in the interior, need for claying the paint, etc.