PDA

View Full Version : Applying GC Liquid with PC

Saabman
06-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Thinking of using Gold Class Liquid on my black Saab 9-5 for the summer instead of the Klasse twins for a change of pace. I now have the PC and have read that some (carguy) apply GC using the orbital. How much do I use and how much will that cover?

imported_Intel486
06-15-2002, 09:35 PM
I apply all my wax with an orbital buffer. I don`t apply Klasse SG though, need to get a pad for it.

I apply a ring around the outside of the pad. I can usually cover the hood with it. I try to lay it down really thin.

thevolvoguy
06-15-2002, 09:55 PM
I applied the GC liquid w/ my orbital and had great results on my dads black MB S600. It only took me maybe 5 minutes to apply and I buffed by hand. I will post pictures when I rewax next week. (Before hand I dawned, clayed, #9, and #7.)

Chuckmotor
06-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Gold Class works well on the PC. I spread out a ring of product around the pad, then spread it on at a low speed. I let it sit for an hour, then buff by hand.

If you want to keep Klasse`s protection, I had REALLY good results putting Gold Class on top of three layers of SG. My black car looked stunning.

imported_doug
06-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Well, since you mentioned me by name....

As you already found out - NO problem. Experiment with the amount - but the pad will absorb excess wax if you use too much at first, and you will simply be able to spread it further. Not critical.

Gold class doesn`t buff out well if not realy dry - so let it sit for an hour if you can. You can also buff out with the PC - use a clean dry soft pad, and stretch a microfiber bonnet over it. Buff off between 3 and 4. (heck I don`t think I do ANYTHING below 3 any more.)