PDA

View Full Version : Bugflector, etc.?

Taxlady
06-15-2002, 05:14 PM
I did a search of the forums for bra and didn`t see any mention of the Bugflector or any of the other, similar nose protectors. It`s the kind that looks like it is made of plexiglass. It sits about 1 cm from the surface of the hood and seems to be attached at the edge. What do people here think of this type of device for protecting the nose of the car from rock chips, bugs, etc.?

imported_Intel486
06-15-2002, 05:55 PM
I have one on my truck. It will protect your hood and windshield from bugs. Sometimes rocks will fly through though. It won`t protect your fenders or the front of you car. I do not have any rock chips on my hood and my windshield has one very small chip on the passenger side. Chip is just in the very surface of the glass so it can probably be fixed. This is after 25k miles.

JasonC8301
06-15-2002, 06:10 PM
The owner of the ML320 I detail has one on his truck.

Here it is from behind

http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/003/2C/B7/F8/81/YQSZNE4plnFg2hvsw7VOrz6WI4D5tVAl0180.jpg

from the front (well some of it)

http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/00D/3D/CC/F4/E6/UPQT4IE3CSi1erQ8fLPDCxGW9Ogk3l-O0180.jpg

It helps a lot with the bugs, put protects only the hood and some of the windshield, bottom half of it.

The ML is 3 years old (1999) I was supposed to go apply some more Z today and take along my Canon digi cam but the weather was horrible and I wasn`t feeling too well.

As a guess, I`ll place 25-30K on the odometer (sp?.)

Jason

Sirslap2
06-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

I have one on my truck. It will protect your hood and windshield from bugs. Sometimes rocks will fly through though. It won`t protect your fenders or the front of you car. I do not have any rock chips on my hood and my windshield has one very small chip on the passenger side. Chip is just in the very surface of the glass so it can probably be fixed. This is after 25k miles.

Intel

We have a 2000 F150 and the OEM bug deflector always looks like crap.

Now that I have a PC I may power polish it.

How is yours holding up?

imported_Intel486
06-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Deemo

Intel

We have a 2000 F150 and the OEM bug deflector always looks like crap.

Now that I have a PC I may power polish it.

How is yours holding up?

I also have the OEM one. I use Plexus on it everytime I wash (2 to 3 times a week) and it still looks new. I`ll have pics of my truck up as soon as I finish detailing it up. Been having trouble finding time to finish up.

buldog
06-16-2002, 05:16 AM
I have the OEM Mopar on my 96 minivan. After almost 7 years there are a limited number of stone chips. Bugs, in most cases seem to miss hitting the hood.

When the dealer installed the unit there where 4 rubber cones that they mounted on the hood to protect the paint from the downward force created. I removed them from the painted surface of the van so that I didn`t have to wash around them. I crazy clued them to the deflector and when I want to wax I simply remove the 3 screws and remove the unit.

They look good on certain vehicles.

I have found that wax is not a good option on the plastic, only because after time it just seems to make them look cloudy. Keep them clean by washing and occasional Meg. #9