PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the Souveran on ebay??

thevolvoguy
06-15-2002, 02:08 AM
I was looking on eBay a minute ago when I ran across a complete pinnacle detailing package. I have always wanted to try it on my garage queen (volvo) but I just dont know if I should pay $100 to someone who can`t even spell the name of the product he`s selling. Say he is true... does it sound like a deal? (Keep in mind I have a dark red, dark gold and black car.):wavey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836554728

thevolvoguy
06-15-2002, 02:16 AM
I think its funny how many gimmics are on here. (ebay) People luring others to look at their amazing japanese turtle wax thats not sold in stores by pics of half naked models as the main ad. What are they selling again?? lol

drewski59
06-15-2002, 02:33 AM
No! Don`t buy it!:nono

You can get that same kit *guaranteed* for $68.99 at

www.xvworld.com

Check it out! IT`ll save you some $$$$

:wavey

ALAN81
06-15-2002, 06:39 AM
xv world is the place to go for cheap prices

thevolvoguy
06-15-2002, 10:38 AM
Thanks alan and drew! I already bought it. I should recieve it by next Thursday. I will post pics imeditately!

G Money
06-15-2002, 01:10 PM
I picked up a can of Souveran for $40 at the Carlisle Ford Nationals a few weeks ago.

On Friday and Saturday, they wanted $54 so I decided to wait for the end of the show on Sunday and they let it go.

No shipping.

I love it.

imported_alaskan7
06-15-2002, 06:35 PM
That 68.99 kit is a great deal but it doesn`t include crystal mist which I was looking for. However I found one on xvworld`s site that they don`t advertise for that I found by doing a search for crystal mist.

$20 more and you get leather condtioner and crystal mist too

http://www.xvworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=xvworld&Product_Code=PTCK

C. Charles Hahn
06-15-2002, 07:25 PM
only buy from people who can spell (Souveran wax spelled "Soverign Wax" ??? I think not....) ;)

new996
06-18-2002, 02:45 PM
I was reading this thread and just thought I`d throw add something to it. Considering the Kit is $99.95 from the manufacturer on their website(http://www.properautocare.com/souvsizshink.html), the amount on EBAY isn`t bad...especially with the FREE shipping. The other site mentioned in the thread above is charging shipping, I think like $12.00, so the $82 and $85 difference isn`t that big.

As for the poor spelling? Truth be told, that was the spelling on the product from the start and within the last year or two (couldn`t tell you how long ago) it was changed to the way your spelling it. It used to be spelled with a "g" in it, not the "an" at the end. I know I`ve still got old empty cans of the wax with old spelling laying around my garage. It is definetly the best natural paste wax I`ve used. But, like many of us, that`s just my personal preference. So I don`t know if I`d base a purchase on "poor spelling" oinline. Heck...I know I make enough typos. I`m sure based on that companies feedback online they are pretty good.