PDA

View Full Version : Lookin` good - Thank You, Autopians!

imported_doug
06-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Today I had to go the BMW dealer where my car is getting serviced, so I drove into the lot with my black Porsche. I parked next to two used jet black BMW`s that happened to be at the end of an aisle. One looked pretty good, the other showed swirls I could see as soon as I got out of my car. But I didn`t look very carefully. On the way back, though - I noticed instantly - my car looked so much BLACKER. The other two cars literally paled in comparison. Even though I can see swirls in my car, I also know I have far fewer than just about any "average" car out there (`sept for you guys of course).

Anyway - it was an "Autopian Pride" moment. I owe a lot to members of this board from whom I have learned a great deal. Not only have you taught me things, you`ve made me see more critically and think more intelligently about what I do myself.

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/3/59/3/40035903WWKCNV_ph.jpg

laynlow
06-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Don`t you just love knowing that your used car looks better than any new car on the lot? Awesome! I was a decent detailer before I came here; I even had the PC and was going strong. But, I sure have learned volumes anyway. I love the collection of intelligent minds and civil discussions here!

Scottwax
06-12-2002, 11:34 PM
I always like parking next to burgandy (actually, bordeaux red) Accords like mine-the difference is very noticable. Makes all the hard work and 8 coats of Souveran worth it!

porterdog
06-13-2002, 07:21 AM
I mentioned this before but it makes my head swell so I`ll repeat: I`d just got done doing a full scale spring detail on my 94 Miata (from clay to 2*SG) and my friends Eric and Allison came over in their same-color Miata. Mileage on both cars is similar. Alison looked at my car openmouthed. "How did you do that?!" she asked.

Shoulda told her Lemon Pledge! :xyxthumbs

Robert

imported_JeffBruce
06-13-2002, 07:43 AM
:nono Shoulda told her Lemon Pledge! :nono

.......................... :nono ..................................

Jeff

What finger are they using???

boywonder
06-13-2002, 11:25 AM
I get a lot of compliments on my Maxima when I bring it in for service. But I am with Scottwax. I like to park next to another Gray Lustre Maxima for comparison`s sake. :D

imported_Intermezzo
06-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Makes all the hard work and 8 coats of Souveran worth it!

Damn, you are the man!!

Let`s see, I`ve got on my car the following...(I`m sure that most of the earlier applied coats are gone by now)

1 coat MH polish

2 coats Meguiar`s #26

2 coats Blitz

3 coats P21S Carnauba

All of the above in mixed orders.

The shine probably can`t touch 8 coats of Souveran!

Scottwax
06-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

The shine probably can`t touch 8 coats of Souveran!

I don`t know...I`ve heard great things about P21S. I`m trying that next!

Malibu
06-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Funny you should bring up this topic. Yesterday at lunch I parked right next to an identical first gen Explorer. Same exact color. The other one was in pretty good shape, but when I looked at mine, I was just blown away by the difference. I saw other people looking at it too. Thanks Autopia! :cool:

Mike

porterdog
06-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JeffBruce

:nono Shoulda told her Lemon Pledge! :nono

.......................... :nono ..................................

Jeff

What finger are they using???

Aw, c`mon- I would have let them off the hook before any damage was done. Actually I think I told them I`d do theirs for money! :cool: (they didn`t take me up on it though...)