PDA

View Full Version : Time Saver????

Steve
06-11-2002, 09:40 PM
hi all. in another forum, i read that u can layer polish and wax/sealant. i mean, before u wipe off the polish, just apply the wax or whatever and then wipe them both off simultaneously. does this actually work? the forum has proffessionals but i`d rather check with everyone here before i try it. it seems kinda weird to me. i would imagine that while u apply the wax, the polish is wiping off also, and that it wouldn`t be even coverage and all. what do ya`ll think?

branson

laynlow
06-11-2002, 09:59 PM
They MAY have been talking about Zaino`s Z1 Polish Loc, which is supposed to be left on while applying the next step.

If they were talking about a normal polish, I would not advise it. When you polish with a pure polish, you do not wait for the product to dry before wiping it off. The reason, what you wipe off is excess. The paint can only hold so much. The polish helps fill swirls and "wet" the paint, and the wax seals it in and adds protection.

I don`t doubt that the car might look great using their method, but I think the durability and level of protection provided by the wax would be greatly diminished. There would simply be too much oil on the paint for the wax to properly bond.

Steve
06-11-2002, 10:02 PM
that`s what i thought. it just seemed really weird. thanks for clearing it up for me.

branson